slotRadio on Sansa Fuze!

Alright, I needed to go to Radio Shack today anyway, so I got one of these cards there. I wish I had been able to buy it online and beat the sales tax, but at least I have the card in hand now.

Not mentioned anywhere is that the card comes with a microSD cardholder which holds two cards. You might attach it to your key ring. I am pleased with that thing because it lets me care for the card I removed to put this in, as well as an extra. There are 7 playlists on my rock card and when I powered up it refreshed in less than half a minute.

What seems odd about the card is the control’s functions have been reassigned. UP is Pause, as usual; DOWN is skip instead of a menu; LEFT & RIGHT switch playlists instead of accessing prior and next cuts.  The player remembers where I am in each cut as I switch playlists, I am thinking there’s no way to rewind and if there are 1000/7=143 songs per playlist you really won’t skip all the way around to listen to that missed cut again.

I’m going to wear out the battery really fast because I have to read the screen a lot, and look at the screen art, which always reverts to that small size instead of staying put.  I think a lot of the music is selected well; not just popular stuff but selected with headphone users in mind, for example.

We have three Fuze users in the family, so this purchase is a slam-dunk.