re: switching on for first time

I have just bought the fuze+ and it does not switch on when i press the power button. It is connected to my computer and it is being recognized but the battery icon is fully green and not blinking. There is a swiggle going through the battery icon. If i disconnect the device from the computer and try to switch it on it does not switch on. How can I make it on please?

I have the exact same problem. The Sansa screen on the computer shows the battery critically low 0%.  The Fuze+ screen shows the battery icon fully green and doesn’t blink.  Benn charging for 14 hours now.  I’m beginning to believe all the bad reviews.  I think we’re going to end up returning them.

Did you remove the protective film sticker on the screen?

@allisonsam_1983 wrote:

I have just bought the fuze+ and it does not switch on when i press the power button. It is connected to my computer and it is being recognized but the battery icon is fully green and not blinking. There is a swiggle going through the battery icon. If i disconnect the device from the computer and try to switch it on it does not switch on. How can I make it on please?

Did you remove the protective film sticker on the screen?

@shack wrote:

I have the exact same problem. The Sansa screen on the computer shows the battery critically low 0%.  The Fuze+ screen shows the battery icon fully green and doesn’t blink.  Benn charging for 14 hours now.  I’m beginning to believe all the bad reviews.  I think we’re going to end up returning them.

This is a Windows 7 quirk. Don’t believe it. Go by the battery info on the device itself. And I ask the same screen sticker question to you; a lot of people seem to missing this. It is not a clear stcker, so you cannot see the actual screen unless you peel it off. It may be on without your knowledge.

Sounds like bad power switches.  Once you unplug from the computer, the unit will try to stay on.  You should be able to us the unit then even if the power switch is bad.  The none bliking light indicates that it is fully charged.  If the switch is bad, return the unit to the store.    

This is a good unit for the price once you get one that works 100%.  Do try another.

I’m sorry I didn’t miss the obvious ( removing the sticker lol). I just sent it back to Amazon and got a new one its seems to be working fine and is charging as I write :slight_smile: