"the device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected", the hell?

@mikky wrote:

As far as i see this happened after the firmware update. at firstthough slow, files copied into the sansa fuze.

now on xp and a black 8gb fuze i cant copy my files - what happens is it starts up, SLOWLY.it jumps about 30% (ive bene trying to copy the same **bleep** file  for the last hour) and then hangs. sometimes it gives me the  message in the Subject title, sometimes it just hangs and doesn’t care.

occasionally the sansa gets ‘reconnected’ because i see the normal windows connection window popping up. (would you like to…play the files, open the folder, do nothing, etc)

This is EXTREMELY infuriating. Asking for help, a fix, or goddamn something. This is my first week of use and i got this one through my warrant after the last one (2gb) broke down.

update; i’ve tried copying small files, about 1-4 mb each and they seem to work fine. this one i’m trying to copy is about 30. its like it restricts the filesize. the file is now stuck on 46%. its like with every attempt he adds in another percent or so. (randomly)

still though, i’d rather NOT have to wait half my day for one file to copy. cheers

While I do understand your frustration please keep in mind our forum rules and guidelines. Profanity will not be tolerated. Please keep your posts clean. 

Forum Admin 

slotmonsta