"USB Device not recognized

Another quick and helpful answer from you, Black Rectangle; thanks again! I’ve actually been looking at the Clip+ but I thought that was the one that said “discontinued by the manufacturer” and that made me a bit concerned. The really important thing for me is the ability to do playlists; I was shocked in researching today that there are bargain mp3 players out there that won’t do playlists! I don’t use my mp3 player for all that much: my morning run, and four different playlists to put me to sleep at night, as well as some meditation music are the most frequently used things I do with my Fuze. And the odd photo I want to show around and voice recording for memos to self on the commute home. I’m guessing the Clip+ will do all that, and I fear that some of the non-SanDisk bargain brands (only about $10-15 cheaper) won’t. Just really loved my Fuze! I love your suggestion about the cord and will get a new one right away.

Interestingly, I found that although the PC says “USB device not recognized”, the player still charged. Yet a KB article about the Fuze (on Rakuten) I just read online said that while a bad cord can be the cause of the device not being seen by Windows, once you get the popup “USB device not recognized” it usually means a fatal hardware failure.

Fingers crossed, and thanks so much again!