my sansa fuze + is not recognized in my computer and wont charge

Like most portable devices, the processor of the Fuze+ handles the USB communication in addition to its duties as a player.

First, let’s make sure that the Fuze+ is happy. Try turning it on with a press of the power button on top. oes the display light up, and does the player respond to the touch pad?

There are some sample songs, photos, and a videoe pn the Fuze+ for you to try it out.

Leave the player on for troubleshooting the connection issues. Connect the cable. Upon connecting, the display may blank out for a few seconds, then it should come back on with a “connected” icon on the screen, showing a USB plug.

Regarding the driver issue, this is a pickle sometimes with Windows.

If Windows has a problem recognizing the device, it can revert to “ignoring” the Sansa. This is possible if the registry entry for the device has a problem. The PC sees the device, and tries using the last settings it configured for the device. If you uninstall the device using the Device Manager, unplug the Fuze, wait at least 30 seconds, then plug in again. Windows will then reinstall the driver automatically.

If you don’t perform the unplug / wait / plug in again operation, the PC won’t make the required changes.

Give this a try, and let me know is you have any issues.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue: