iTunes compatible with Sansa Players?

Hey guys,                                                                                                                                                         I was surfing the web and i came across this which i think is super AWESOME!!!                                                              http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/ipod_itunes/sansadevicesyncwithitunes.html

I thought Apple was fairly unhappy when Palm hacked together iTunes support for their Pre phones so I wonder how long this will last.

It would also be nice if there was a Windows version.

Interesting news regardless.

Yep it woludve been totally awesome if there was a windows version

I use Media Monkey’s plug-in to convert them over to MP3 when I synch with my Fuze. Sure, it’s an extra $10, but it’s worth it!

@isamuelson wrote:

I use Media Monkey’s plug-in to convert them over to MP3 when I synch with my Fuze. Sure, it’s an extra $10, but it’s worth it!

What do you mean it’s an extra $10? The free MediaMonkey will convert iTunes files from m4a to Ogg Vorbis, which plays on the Fuze/Clip, and you can replace the trial version of the LAME mp3 encoder (that expires after 30 days) for free too. No need to spend any extra money.:wink:

You know what the best thing about the Fuze is? That you don’t have to use iTunes.

@chaddo wrote:
You know what the best thing about the Fuze is? That you don’t have to use iTunes.

You are correct sir!

Unfortunately, a lot of people having already used iTunes, then buy non-Apple players, and there the frustration starts. IMO it’s simple…if you are going to use iTunes(that big, bloated system-resource hog of a program) , buy an iPod. The more enlightened of us will get our music from other sources than iTunes, and have a variety of players(and codecs) to choose from.:wink:

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 06-30-2009 02:01 PM

@marvin_martian wrote:

@isamuelson wrote:

What do you mean it’s an extra $10? The free MediaMonkey will convert iTunes files from m4a to Ogg Vorbis, which plays on the Fuze/Clip, and you can replace the trial version of the LAME mp3 encoder (that expires after 30 days) for free too. No need to spend any extra money.:wink:

The gold version of media monkey allows you to have files converted as they sync.  For example, you could have a library of FLAC files but sync them to the fuze as mp3.

@summerlove wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@isamuelson wrote:

The gold version of media monkey allows you to have files converted as they sync.  For example, you could have a library of FLAC files but sync them to the fuze as mp3.

You can do this for free though, which was what I meant in my previous post.:wink:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@summerlove wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@isamuelson wrote:

You can do this for free though, which was what I meant in my previous post.:wink:

You can convert anything for free with thousands of apps if you like, but not on the fly while you sync in media monkey.  If you take a look in the settings for your device, there is a tab called auto conversion.  You can change the type of file and the volume and those settings will only apply to the files on your device, you library will remain unchanged. 

@summerlove wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@summerlove wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@isamuelson wrote:

You can convert anything for free with thousands of apps if you like, but not on the fly while you sync in media monkey.  If you take a look in the settings for your device, there is a tab called auto conversion.  You can change the type of file and the volume and those settings will only apply to the files on your device, you library will remain unchanged. 

I never did “sync” with MediaMonkey. But my FLAC files, what I would do is convert them to LAME mp3 (or Ogg Vorbis) with the new destination(so as to not alter the original FLAC file) being my Sansa’s “Music” folder. Not technically “syncing”, but accomplishing the same purpose.:smiley:

@7o9 wrote:

I thought Apple was fairly unhappy when Palm hacked together iTunes support for their Pre phones so I wonder how long this will last.

It would also be nice if there was a Windows version.

Interesting news regardless.

This is more or less “official” though (it’s not made by Apple, but they’re hosting it right there on their site), so there shouldn’t be a problem.