help I get this error message when trying to down load form my computer

Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, I have downloaded only once before , Any ideas

thanks

anyone??

I know how to fix that one.  On your Fuze,  connect to the computer and find the WMPInfo.xml file and delete it.  It is causing trouble sometimes.

thanks, is the file on the computer or on the fuze. I am doing a search on the computer and the search isn’t coming up with anything, if my fuze is plugged in I can’t access the menu.  Help I am a newbie

Message Edited by otonoh on 08-18-2008 01:40 PM

This file is on the Fuze. 

thanks could you be more specific, i looked in settings and couldn’t find it. 

thanks

Plug in the Fuze.  Open the Internal Memory and the file should be in there.

ok, I did that but all there is are images nothing else. what am I doing wrong

when the fuze is connected to your computer and you open the drive what files do you see?

you should see several folders and at the last file should be WMPinfo.xml.

Ok this is what I did, opened my computer, open fuze then get an internal memory icon. I open that and get 12 icons, I tried to change it to list but they just show up as icons. They all are zero bytes,  I tried to delete them and they won’t. I am wondering if I should just set my fuze back to factory options and resync all of my music. now my fuze is reading something according to the screen

i would just reset to factory defaults and format the fuze. both are in the system settings menu. then resync all your music.

thanks, I am going to try it on another computer and then if that doesn’t work then do that.

It sounds like you’re in MTP mode when you’re connected to the computer. I think you have to be in MSC mode to see that file: Settings>System Settings>USB Mode>MSC.

ok did and retried it, It started sycing immediately, i had it set for Auto and then mtp mode apparently my computer likes msc.  Thanks everyone for all your help I was minutes away from resetting it

@otonoh wrote:

ok did and retried it, It started sycing immediately, i had it set for Auto and then mtp mode apparently my computer likes msc.  Thanks everyone for all your help I was minutes away from resetting it

No, it’s just that you don’t like MTP, welcome to the club.