friarpark

fuze vs fuze+ vs clip or clip+

If you had it to do over again, which would you buy?  I have the Fuze and the Fuze plus and am frustrated with the Fuze plus.  My Fuze seems to be near its last legs so i want to be ready with a replacement which is why I bought the plus.  So I guess I'm buying another Fuze.  Just wondering which everyone preferred (even tho it's too late to change my order).

Thanks

SanDisk Guru
Marvin_Martian

Re: fuze vs fuze+ vs clip or clip+

friarpark wrote:

If you had it to do over again, which would you buy?  I have the Fuze and the Fuze plus and am frustrated with the Fuze plus.  My Fuze seems to be near its last legs so i want to be ready with a replacement which is why I bought the plus.  So I guess I'm buying another Fuze.  Just wondering which everyone preferred (even tho it's too late to change my order).

Thanks

For me, Clip+ is the best, followed by the Fuze. Even though the Clips are old, I'd still prefer one of them to a Fuze+, because I'm not fond of those touch controls on the Fuze+ (not to mention, no Rockbox) :smileywink:

Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB <--All Rockboxed. Clip Sport 8GB, Cowon D2+ 20GB
iPod Touch 5G 32GB, iPod Touch 4G 32GB, iPod Touch 2G 8GB
Nexus 7 32GB(4.4.2 KitKat) Asus MeMo Pad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro32GB+16GB(4.1.2 JB).
friarpark

I will probably give my fuze+ to my kid.  I am curious what other people think.  Should have done this before I bought the plus.

Thanks!

SanDisk User
whatchamacallit

I was disappointed in the Clip+, which has less amp power than the Fuze and, even though I am apparently in the minority, an inferior sound--boosted midrange (pushing vocals way upfront) and less bass or treble, making the music sound more cramped.

Get another Fuze. I have a refurb that's just fine If you do get a  refurb, check out your seller first, and test it as soon as you get it to find any problems.

SanDisk Guru
fuze_owner-GB

I've had 3 Fuzes, 2 Clips and 2 Clip+'s; and now a Fuze+.  BY FAR, the best of the lot is the Fuze+.  Now that I have the Fuze+, most of the time my other Sansa players go unused.  The controls work flawlessly, it sounds great and fits great in my hands.  And it does all that out of the box.  Clips (and +'s) and Fuzes can be made to be OK players with the addition of Rockbox, but even then, they are less than my favorite players.

"Before I sink into the big sleep...I want to hear the scream of the Butterfly"
SanDisk Guru
Marvin_Martian

whatchamacallit wrote:

I was disappointed in the Clip+, which has less amp power than the Fuze and, even though I am apparently in the minority, an inferior sound--boosted midrange (pushing vocals way upfront) and less bass or treble, making the music sound more cramped.

Get another Fuze. I have a refurb that's just fine If you do get a  refurb, check out your seller first, and test it as soon as you get it to find any problems.

They have the same amount of power, and they sound the same. I've got both.

Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB <--All Rockboxed. Clip Sport 8GB, Cowon D2+ 20GB
iPod Touch 5G 32GB, iPod Touch 4G 32GB, iPod Touch 2G 8GB
Nexus 7 32GB(4.4.2 KitKat) Asus MeMo Pad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro32GB+16GB(4.1.2 JB).
friarpark

@fuze_owner-GB

The problem I'm having with the Fuze+ IS the controls.  I can't get to what I want when I want .  The regular Fuze is so much easier to use.  

SanDisk Guru
gwk1967

Have you updated the firmware? The controls may have been improved since the Fuze+ was released.

jas32

As far as Clip vs. Clip+, the Clip+ is much better.  I have both and three things that stand out on the Clip+, 1) the clip itself is quite robust (on the old one, you thought it would break anytime you touch it, which I did eventually), 2) the build quality is much better, and 3) having the micro SD slot is great on the +.  I also prefer the UI on the +, it seems to be more intuitive.

I also have the Fuse and am perfectly happy with it.  I wished it had the same UI as the Clip+, but it's not bad at all.  The other thing I dont like about it is the proprietary connector to charge it (I think this was fixed on the Fuse+).. 

No experience with the Fuse+ but from the reviews and comments so far, I think I'll stick to my Fuse for the time being.

SanDisk Fanatic
jj2me

jas32 wrote:

three things that stand out on the Clip+, 1) the clip itself is quite robust (on the old one, you thought it would break anytime you touch it, which I did eventually), 2) the build quality is much better, and 3) having the micro SD slot is great on the +.

4) Folder access on the Clip+, not on the Clip. 
I'm still dubious that the Clip+ has less failures, so your #2 would be mostly about the clip itself and perceived build quality, and wouldn't be accounting for failure rates.