fuze+ loops at startup flower logo to "sansa"

hi , my sansa fuze + is not recognized by computer at all , when plugged into wall charger it will start but it seems to only go to open screen with the word “sansa” then the flower logo looping over and over again … is this bricked or is there something i can do to fix. The computer will not recognise it at all . just wall charger. Also I am using original cable.

Sounds like the little guy is stuck and rebooting.  First, try resetting the device by holding the top power button depressed for about 30 seconds, then release the button.  Try powering up noemally after this, and see if the device will start again.

More hopefully, see if it doesn’t start looping and runs normally.

If it’s still misbehaving, try reinstalling the firmware after connecting to the computer.  This will not affect your music stored on the device, so we’ll try this first.  Start with the device turned off (the reset procedure will turn off the device if needed).  If it freaks out when plugged in, turn it off once again.  This time, press and hold the volume down button while connecting.  This will force a basic MSC connection where you can access the device.

Here is the thread for thelatest firmware for your Fuze+.  Be sure to unzip the sb file first, then drag the file to your Fuze using Windows Explorer.

The firmware file will install automatically when the device is unplugged.

Let me know if this solves your issue.  It sounds like the firmware may have gotten corrupted, which can cause the device to continually restart.  If this does not work, you can use the chkdsk utility after reconnecting, or the “check volume for errors” function from WIndows.  This is the next step.

If this is unsucessful, connect again and format the device using windows.  Please note!  This will not affect the firmware, but it will erase all media (music, photos, books, and video) from the device, so they will have to be retransferred tot eh device from the computer.

Try these steps in sequence.  Don’t hesitate to ask here if you have any questions at all!!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I am having a similar issue, but with mine the battery does not charge as well it seems. When I connect it to my computer (I use a mac) I get nothing for a few minutes then it shows up (along with the “connected” screen), then out of the blue it will just disconnect. When I plug it in to the wall charger it does the loop many times, then randomly “charging” will appear for a while (with a dead battery sign on it) and then it will start looping again. If I try powering on at all, connected or not, it just goes black. HELP!

@havanagilaboy wrote:

I am having a similar issue, but with mine the battery does not charge as well it seems. When I connect it to my computer (I use a mac) I get nothing for a few minutes then it shows up (along with the “connected” screen), then out of the blue it will just disconnect. When I plug it in to the wall charger it does the loop many times, then randomly “charging” will appear for a while (with a dead battery sign on it) and then it will start looping again. If I try powering on at all, connected or not, it just goes black. HELP!

Are you using the USB cable that came with the device? Maybe it’s bad?

No, not the original cable. Maybe that’s the problem - I’m using a generic chinese cable with a compatible connector…

@havanagilaboy wrote:

No, not the original cable. Maybe that’s the problem - I’m using a generic chinese cable with a compatible connector…

I’ll bet that’s your problem then. :wink:

Has anyone else noticed that the flower logo is really SANSA spelled out in a very 70’s fat font? 

Sadly, I can’t help with the loop problems…and it seems increasingly likely that there will never be another update to address this and many other issues :frowning:

I can’t do any of the suggestions you offered because the problem remains that  The computer won’t recognise the player, the screen remains black , It is only when I place it in wall charger that it comes to life but only to do the looping of “sansa” and then flower logo.   time has passed and it has since run down on battery and now I get the low battery image like the other person who posted . I’ve had it charging for 4 hours or more but the battery image still only has small red area thats means charged and the rest remains gray.

Is it by any chance, still under warranty? Sounds like you need more help than a user’s forum can assist you with. Maybe you should call SanDisk Tech Support.

how is he going to re install the firmware if like he said

he can’t get the device to connect to the computer at all

unless that is not what he meant ?

But that is exactly what he DID say…

Did you add anything to the player recently? I found when I added a bunch of music folders the fuze+ wouldn’t boot up at all it just hung at the logo… scared the hell out of me especially as I’d only just bought it!

I deleted everything I added and it then booted ok. I’ve been carefully adding one folder at a time since then. It seems to not like folders that are nested 2 or more deep.