fuze+ issue

wondering if someone can help me i just got a new fuze+ i have a sandisk 16g i’m assuming a class 4 i only load 8g’s on it and when i put it in the fuze+ the music skips and fades out it does the same thing in an older fuze any suggestions…bad card or maybe a higher class card…thanks matt

The class (or speed) of the card won’t affect playback in the least. That rating only refers to the “writing” speed to the card, important only if using it in a camera.

What happens if you put these same files in the internal memory? Do they still skip or so they play normally?

i put some of the tracks that skip on a 2g micro sd i have and it worked fine and yes i do have a few that skip when on the internal drive

@79markv wrote:

i put some of the tracks that skip on a 2g micro sd i have and it worked fine and yes i do have a few that skip when on the internal drive

Then the problem lies with the files themselves.

@79markv wrote:

Then it would appear the problem lies with the files themselves.

ok but when they’re played thru winamp or media player they are fine

That’s not really a valid or fair assumption. Your computer has a lot bigger “brain” than your tiny Fuze+ mp3 player. And Winamp and/or WMP has a lot more resources and code written into them than the Fuze+'s firmware.

Maybe if you tell us details about the files that don’t play right, someone can suggest something. Things like bit-rate, CBR or VBR, ID3 tag format, presence and/or size of embedded album art, presence of any text in the Comments field of the tag, any strange or foreign characters in any of the tag fields, where you got the files (ripped or downloaded), if ripped what program used to rip them, if downloaded, from where could all be clues as to why they might be problematic.

You may find this thread on the ABI forum discussing a similar issue of interest and/or help.

all the kbps are between 128 and 320, what do you need to know about the id tags or anything else i’m really not familliar with this stuff so as much explanation is appreciated. most of the id tags are empty with nothing in them and theres no album art.