erasing files from player

I have mp3 files on my sansa fuze + that show up on the player but when I hook the player to the computer they do not appear on the computer so that I can delete them. What’s up with that and how is it done?

Strange that you can’t see the files on the computer. Have you tried forcing MSC mode you your player? Press and hole the Volume Down button while you plug it in. Are the files on the player itself, or are they on a memory card? Check both for the files.

You can delete the mp3’s one by one from the player itself. When you are playing a song you don’t like, press the center button. The bottom option should allow you to delete the song.

Files added via a Mac will not show up on you PC.  Try connecting to a Mac.

I don’t see why they wouldn’t. Unlike Sandisk’s previus players, the Fuze+ can “see” in both MTP mode and MSC mode. Anything added in one mode can be accessed in another (which makes me wonder how DRM works on this thing, since the data to decode DRM would be accesible), allowing you to stop worrying about which mode to use, and use whichever one seems best to you.

If you don’t believe me, try accessing your internal memory in MSC mode. Now, try MTP mode. Any important files missing? I didn’t think so.

@halonachos117 wrote:

I don’t see why they wouldn’t. Unlike Sandisk’s previus players, the Fuze+ can “see” in both MTP mode and MSC mode. Anything added in one mode can be accessed in another (which makes me wonder how DRM works on this thing, since the data to decode DRM would be accesible), allowing you to stop worrying about which mode to use, and use whichever one seems best to you.

If you don’t believe me, try accessing your internal memory in MSC mode. Now, try MTP mode. Any important files missing? I didn’t think so.

I never select between these modes.  I leave my play set to auto detect mode.  I do not see the reason for switching between modes. 

It would seem to me that the problem is with Window Media Player not being able to read Mac Files.

To make sure of what I am saying.  I connected my player to an 8 year old Mac.  Using finder on the Mac, I was able to see all of my files.  I moved files from iTunes to my player via cut and paste.   I could open (play) files on my player that were added via the Mac or PC via Finder.

I took my play back to my PC.  I was able to see the files added from the Mac via Explore.  I was also able to play Mac files via Explore.  When I did, my PC base iTunes opened and played the selected Mac files.  When I tried to play PC files on my player via Explore, the PC opened and played via WMP.  This was a nice surprise since I knew I could not play files on my player via WMP.  It seems that when I open files via Explore, the PC makes a temp copy of the files and then plays.  This is OK for opening one file at a time,

Since I was able to move between the two platforms with my Fuse+ in auto detect mode, what would be gained by selecting one or the other?

MSC mode allows you to use the player on any computer with a modern operating system. MTP only works on Windows PCs with WMP 10 (or newer) installed. However, MTP allows you to transfer DRM protected content (unlike MSC), in particular, protected WMA files. Also, it’s my experience that this device doesn’t seem to detect tag changes in files unless they are recopied/overwritten in MTP mode.

In the end, however, if something works well, then that’s all that matters.