battery

like my battery life is dying…

And? If you are using it, thats what is supposed to happen. Im being a SmartAssk. What exactly is your question or issue? Most ignore posts like that OP but i am in a good mood so I will try to help you get in the right track, So Post a question or a spesific issue and lets go from there.

it seems like its not 5hours of vid or24music

Its not. The files they use to test are not realistic files. If you are getting better than 15 hours you are probably good. Depending on the filetype you are listening to the battery life varies. Things like backlight timer, and screen brightness also hurt the battery life. Video is a different deal all together.

Dont compare yourself with me, but I get 20-21 hours with 256 kbps mp3, backlight all the way down, and lightimer at 5 secs.

ok but also ill fully charge it and after an hour maybe it says 75%  then itll stay there for a long time     it

so it stays for long or short amts of time at certian %

did you use this forums search option to search battery? this is a known action. It means nothing really. mine does the same thing at 50%. Does not effect anything, just a minor annoyance.

so how its complete charged? or do i keep waiting to get the best possible life

huh? When the bolt stops blinking and the battery stops flashing then its charged unplug it and go about your day. Leaveing it in will do nothing really.

ok well i was gonna tell u but i just saw that the bolt is gone  so thank you!

@zach2164 wrote:
ok but also ill fully charge it and after an hour maybe it says 75%  then itll stay there for a long time

It’s kind of like when you fill up your car’s gas tank. The bottom half always seems to go down quicker than the top half. It’s not a totally linear progression. It shouldn’t be since it’s digital, but it is.

My advice? Don’t sweat the small stuff. I know it’s normal to worry over such things with a new device and you’re always concerned, especially with reading soome of the posts here that you may have gotten a lemon, but unless you’re only getting like 8 hours with music or 2 hours with video everything is probably OK & you shouldn’t be concerned. :wink:

How do I charge the battery on a Fuze+?  I keep it plugged into my laptop for hours at a time but the green line is still very short

@jmoera wrote:

How do I charge the battery on a Fuze+?  I keep it plugged into my laptop for hours at a time but the green line is still very short

Some laptops can be problematic by not putting out enough power to the USB ports to charge an external device. Remember, their ‘prime directive’ is to conserve power.

An AC-USB charger can be a worthwhile investment. They are reasonably priced and portable too, so if you travel you can always keep your player topped off. :smiley:

I don’t know about this, Tapeworm:

“Laptops genereally do not put out enough power to the USB ports to charge anything.”

I have always charged my Fuze just fine from various laptops–every one I own, in fact. 

Now if someone is trying to connect the Fuze to a laptop via a USB hub, with multiple outlets, that’s a different story, since the hub subdivides the power from the port. No hubs.

Front and back ports on a laptop can also supply different amounts of power. Generally the ones nearer the back are stronger, so if you have multiple ports try them all.

And, um, maybe this is elementary, but the computer has to be turned on. If the computer is off, its USB port isn’t transmitting any power.

@black_rectangle wrote:

I don’t know about this, Tapeworm:

“Laptops genereally do not put out enough power to the USB ports to charge anything.”

I have always charged my Fuze just fine from various laptops–every one I own, in fact. 

Ok, ok. I edited my previous post. :wink: