battery

how long does the battery charginf time of fuze? 

also does it have memory problems and i have to run it down to charge?

Depends on how low it is when you start charging and what you use to charge it; your computer or an AC charger.

No and No.

ok good so i can charge it even if its only halfway dead?

Charging time is based on a few things there is no set time. The factors to time, are obviously power level, output of your usb port, and method. I have noticed that using a wall charger charges my Fuze from 50% about 20 minutes faster than using my USB port, My laptop is slower yet. Finally with regard to memory. It is not supposed to have a memory. It will wear out over time but not due to memory. 

ok  thanks      

here’s something that you should also have in mind. Never use your mp3 player to the point that the batterys are dead. I had some problems with my Fuze after it’s batterys died, but after a soft reset, it worked. So, always remember to charge your Fuze when it needs it.

@pringles wrote:
here’s something that you should also have in mind. Never use your mp3 player to the point that the batterys are dead.

… or your laptop. I had my laptop running on the plane and fell asleep. When I was woken by the hostess to turn it off for landing the laptop was off… ah well I will just charge it when I get home. It was too far gone, once the battery goes below a certain point you can’t charge it back up with the supplied charger.

Normally the devices curcuitry prevents the battery getting that low. I still have not bought a replacement battery for the laptop.

how low shud i let it run down b/f i charge bac up?

@zach2164 wrote:
how low shud i let it run down b/f i charge bac up?

You can plug it in whenever you want. I use mine to store some files that I always want on me (like Putty and my private key) I plug it in whenever I need those files without being concerned how full the battery is.

I disconnect when I want to listen to music without being concerned if the battery is fully charged or not.

1 Like