Windows Media Player and the Sansa Fuze - trouble with Proxy Settings (whatever they are?)

I have a new computer and wanted to load additional music onto my Fuze.  I loaded most of my CD’s onto it with my previous laptop.  That laptop had numerous problems so I just attributed the error message to that computer and did not think it was my Fuze.  So today I ripped some new CD’s onto Media Player, no problem.  Plug in the Sansa Fuze and it recognizes it - yeah.  Go to Sync the Fuze with the Music on Media Player and it comes up with this error  message:

“Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct”  It gives instructions on how to change the proxy settings which I tried to follow, but I have no idea what I am doing!  I got to the part in the instructions where it says “Choose an address for the Proxy Settings” and I’m supposed to type something in there, but I don’t know what I would type in there. 

So sick of Media player.  It’s great for ripping CD’s but I’ve been frustrated with it for syncing purposes.  Anybody ever get this error and how do I fix it?

Any suggestions for other programs to sync music from would be appreciated.  Too bad Itunes will not recognize the Fuze!

Don’t sync. Use Windows Explorer(right click on start, click on explore)  to copy and paste folders of songs to the player. This will work fine unless the songs are protected. Did you remember to set Windows Media Player to rip to mp3 files(the default is protected wma files)? Also, the default is 128kbps. For decent sound quality, you should choose  256 kbps, or if you are short on space, 192kbps. Below 192kbps, and the sound quality is quite degraded. I use 256 kbps. I can’t hear the difference between 320kbps and 256kbps.

I think it is possible to use iTunes with third party-party players. See HERE. Or, you could use programs that force the regular iTunes to work with your MP3 player; see HERE

Or, you could look HERE. However, in the end I prefer drag’n’drop like JK98.