Highlighted
SanDisk User
Accepted Solution

Why won't it play music on microSD card?

It actually will play music I've put on the microSDHC card, provided there is no music in the internal memory. I just verified that.

If there is music in the internal memory, it will only play that music and ignore the microSDHC card. Confirmed by hours and hours of playing "all" music.

What gives? I don't remember this being a problem before.

SanDisk Guru

Re: Why won't it play music on microSD card?

[ Edited ]

Manually reinstall the latest firmware. Sometimes the firmware in the player becomes corrupted. Never insert or remove a card while the player is on. Use Sandisk class 4 micro SDHC cards for the best compatibility. Cards faster than class 4 are likely to cause issues. 

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Fuze/Sansa-Fuze-Firmware-Update-01-02-31-amp-02-03-33/td-p/139175

SanDisk User

OK. I didn't verify things well enough. It played ONE song on the microSDHC card, but there were hundreds. Today, I realized the darn thing was only playing that one song.

SanDisk Guru

You didn't give us enough information. What formats are the files on the card? 

SanDisk Guru

did you try manually reinstalling the player firmware? Sometimes the firmware in the player becomes corrupted. Don't insert or remove a card while the player is on. USe Sandisk class 4 cards for maximum compatibility. 

Cards faster than class 4 are likely to cause issues. Some other brands of cards might give issues, even if they are class 4 or slower.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Fuze/Sansa-Fuze-Firmware-Update-01-02-31-amp-02-03-33/td-p/139175

SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

MP3's.

Is that enough?

The player will only access the first song transfered to the microSDHC card. It will not recognize any others moved to that card.

Tested in both MTP and MSC modes.

It plays fine from internal memory.

I reinstalled latest available firmware. This didn't change a thing. It will only access/recognize/play the first song copied to the microSDHC card.

SanDisk Guru

Which card are you using? Is it faster than class 4? If so, then try using a class 4 card.

SanDisk User

This isn't something I just picked up today. I've had the device and the card for years. It's worked in the past.
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

Do you have another card you could try in the player? That way you could figure out if it is a card problem or a problem with the player.

SanDisk Guru

When you try to view the card contents on the player using the folders menu, do you see all the songs on the card, or just some of them? If the player shows many songs on the card, what happens if you try to play them? 

I'm trying to figure out what is going on, however you give so little information, so it is hard to figure out what is going on. I had two Fuze players a few years ago, but no longer have them. 

If you have copies of all the songs on the card also on your pc, I suggest that you set the USB mode on the player to MTP, connect the player to your pc, and delete all the files you see on the card. Disconnect the player, change the USB mode to MSC. I found that  having any MTP transferred files on card memory caused strange problems.