Why can't my fuze read my 32gb sandisk microsd?!

I bought a sandisk 32 gb class 4 microsd for my fuze v2, but it won’t read it?!  The card works fine on the computer, so I know it’s not a problem with the card.  Does anybody have any ideas how to get my fuze to read my sandisk microsd??  I have the latest firmware.  Thanks.

What Filesystem did you use to format your card? Have you tried formatting through the Fuze itself?

Thanks for the response.  I haven’t reformatted the card from the way it came.  On the pc it reports as “fat32” and it passes scans with chkdsk and htwtest2.  I’ve used other (smaller) microsd cards without formatting them in the player with no problems.  I didn’t know that was necessary.

@vgggy wrote:

Thanks for the response.   I haven’t reformatted the card from the way it came.   On the pc it reports as “fat32” and it passes scans with chkdsk and htwtest2.  I’ve used other (smaller) microsd cards without formatting them in the player with no problems. _  I didn’t know that was necessary. _

It’s not. They come pre-formatted from the factory.

Have you tried any other cards? If they don’t work either your card slot may be bad. Just in case there’s some pocket lint or other debris in the slot, you might trty blowing it out with canned compressed air.

If no card and/or cleaning the slot out doesn’t help, it sounds like a new player is in order.

Well, oddly enough, even though it came from the factory formatted, and it was working perfectly moving files and playing songs when plugged into the pc, re-formatting it under xp seems to have solved my problem.  Now the player see it and plays the songs I put on it.  Evidently there is something about the fat32 file system put on the card at the factory that the player – but not the pc – didn’t like.  At any rate, it seems that I have solved my problem.  Thank you everyone for your comments.