Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Samrexx

Re: White Screen problems| Tried all the fixes| Is it bricked?

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto.  Tried it all. Even had tech support hold my hand thru all the steps. Conclusion. Bricked!. But wait. After reading this forum....Hallalulah!! Praise the LORd!  All it takes is one good whack!!! Back to normal. Thank you Jesus.

rhapsodist

Add my name to the list of those for whom whacking the device did the trick.  Like a lot of other people, I tried just about everything.  When I first started getting the white screen, resetting helped for awhile, but the the white screen returned.  It got to the point where nothing helped, and then I found this forum.  I whacked it once on a table, and voilâ!  Thanks to everyone for the good advice.  I hope it lasts, because my fear is that it's a sign that the Fuze is dying. 

Liamness

Worked for me too. Ridiculous really. I was almost 100% sure it was something to do with Rockbox, but no, it just needed a whack.

SanDisk Guru
neutron_bob

[ Edited ]

This reminds me of the following famous quote, depicted in the film, The Longest Day (1962) about the 1944 Normandy Invasion, D-Day:

Cmdr. Colin Maud, RN

• "Get off the beach! Move inland! Get off the beach! Move inland! The sooner we get off this beach, the sooner they'll stop this blasted shelling. It's very bad for the dog."
  • "As my grandmother used to say, anything mechanical, give it a good bash."

The latter quote is a classic, Commander Maud, the Beachmaster, is talking to a crew, trying to start their tank.  He whacks the tank with a shillelagh, and it fires right up!

If you have a chance to watch this black-and-white widescreen classic, with its all star cast (understatement), you won't regret it.  You wouldn't think that something so crude and basic would work, but there are multiple reports of success here.  The Fuze is one tough cookie, to be sure.  Just don't whack the thing hard enough that you'd crack the case or display.  Obviously, a little jostle seems to do the trick.  Amazing.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I was curious about Cmdr Maud.  Check this entry in Wikipedia.  Awesome.  He really did bring his shillelagh to the beach.

dragon97

I've en seeing the white screen a lot within the last few weeks and my fix is always whacking it on my nightstand a few times. But now its come to the point where I turn it on and I see the white screen and I can't even turn it off.

What should I do???

barkatozz

Actually....this worked for me to.

DebLantz

I love this player, never had any problems with it.  Today it white screened on me and I had no bloody clue what to do.  I had been charging it and didn't pay attention to it after I disconnected it.  Two of my kids asked why it was glowing, but I ignored them because I was watching a good movie.  When I saw it "glowing" I was convinced it was dead.  I tried connecting it to the PC again and it gave me that "does not recognize....blah blah".  I recently had a bad virus and had to have my PC practically rebuilt and lost all my music.  I haven't backed up the music on my fuze and I thought it was all a goner.  I must say I was very hesitant to "whack" it and the first few tries yielded nothing.  I thought of all my mp3s lost so I really whacked it and YEAH!!!!  so after this long explanation, I just have to say thank you to whoever did the first "whacking" and let us know that it was a good fix!  :smileyvery-happy:

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

Someone should invent a new game . . .

Whac-A-Fuze, anyone?

mikedepetris

thanks boys, white screen --> one hit on the mousepad --> fuze working again

unbelievable!

makemedisappear

This just happened to me, and i'm not sure if I determined a possible solution, or what. First of all, I have the rockbox software installed on my v2 model, so I tried to reinstall the base rockbox software. I also took out my microsd chip around this time. The screen was still white, so I  unplugged my device, scrolled the amount down that I normally do in order to acess my music folder, and clicked the center button repeatedly. I immediately heard music, which is a sign of device function. I took the case off and shook it a bit. I shut off my sansa, and restarted in the normal sandisc software mode. To my surprise, the software boot up. 

TL;DR:
-The WSOD may  or may not be caused by the disconnection of the screen from the device. 
-If you can somehow make it play music, there is still hope!
-Dont give up! Try as many things as you can think of, maybe even download rockbox firmware or pressing buttons for long periods of time. 

Also: if you have given up on yr device, please try and sell parts online! Thanks, and good luck.