White Screen problems| Tried all the fixes| Is it bricked?

This reminds me of the following famous quote, depicted in the film, The Longest Day (1962) about the 1944 Normandy Invasion, D-Day:

Cmdr. Colin Maud, RN

• “Get off the beach! Move inland! Get off the beach! Move inland! The sooner we get off this beach, the sooner they’ll stop this blasted shelling. It’s very bad for the dog.”

• “As my grandmother used to say, anything mechanical, give it a good bash.”

The latter quote is a classic, Commander Maud, the Beachmaster, is talking to a crew, trying to start their tank.  He whacks the tank with a shillelagh, and it fires right up!

If you have a chance to watch this black-and-white widescreen classic, with its all star cast (understatement), you won’t regret it.  You wouldn’t think that something so crude and basic would work, but there are multiple reports of success here.  The Fuze is one tough cookie, to be sure.  Just don’t whack the thing hard enough that you’d crack the case or display.  Obviously, a little jostle seems to do the trick.  Amazing.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I was curious about Cmdr Maud.  Check this entry in Wikipedia.  Awesome.  He really did bring his shillelagh to the beach.