Whats the biggest microsdhc card that the Fuze can use?

I know other mp3 players or phone can only expand to 4 gb or so, is there a limit to the size of the microsd card that the Fuze can handle?

I think its 32gb, but I may be wrong.

The Fuze will probably be able to use a 32GB card, if and when they come out, but I can verify it will use a 16GB, the largest microSDHC currently available.

Thanks a lot

That’s aweome, guess i’ll be picking up a 8 gb card :smiley:

It will support the 32 gig, when it comes out and is available widely That much has been confirmed. As for Sizes larger than that we will have to wait and see.

@twolves21 wrote:

I know other mp3 players or phone can only expand to 4 gb or so, is there a limit to the size of the microsd card that the Fuze can handle?

The Fuze was designed for compatibility of a  MicroSDHC (High-Capacity) memory card.   The specs go up to 32GB.   This was allot of memory at the time it the specification was created.     Before that was MicroSD and it went up to 2GB.     Now there is a new specification on the horizon called SDXC (eXtended Capacity) that will go up to  2TB.   Our Fuze was designed prior to this technology.    I’m sure there will be a new Sansa mp3 player that will use a microSDXC card once this new standard is final and memory technology is readily available.     

For more info check out the The SD Association that oversees the standards on these memory cards.

http://www.sdcard.org/developers/tech/

Sweet,

I just ordered an 8 GB card myself today.

@niko_sama wrote:

@twolves21 wrote:

The Fuze was designed for compatibility of a  MicroSDHC (High-Capacity) memory card.   The specs go up to 32GB.   This was allot of memory at the time it the specification was created.     Before that was MicroSD and it went up to 2GB.     Now there is a new specification on the horizon called SDXC (eXtended Capacity) that will go up to  2TB.   Our Fuze was designed prior to this technology.    I’m sure there will be a new Sansa mp3 player that will use a microSDXC card once this new standard is final and memory technology is readily available.     

For more info check out the The SD Association that oversees the standards on these memory cards.

http://www.sdcard.org/developers/tech/

Unless the SDXC is designed and elctronically different in terms of connection, then A firmwire should cover it. And Sansa Fix has eluded to the fact that the developement team is working on latger capabilities, who knows when we will see it tho.