What to choose?

All I want is gapless playback. 4gb clip+ for $39.99 at Best Buy or 4gb Fuze+ for $79.99

@njones wrote:

All I want is gapless playback. 4gb clip+ for $39.99 at Best Buy or 4gb Fuze+ for $79.99

Clip+, then add Rockbox.

+1 for the Clip+.

But I’d get an 8GB version.

@tapeworm wrote:

+1 for the Clip+.

Of course I could say +2, since I have two of them.:wink:

Can it play through a FM transmitter while plugged into a car charger?

@njones wrote:

Can it play through a FM transmitter while plugged into a car charger?

I’ve used one with an FM transmitter in a car, but not plugged into a car charger.

@tapeworm wrote:

+1 for the Clip+.

Or get a 2gb version + a 16gb microsd card. That’s 18gb for the price of the 8gb Clip+.

@robisan wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

+1 for the Clip+.

Or get a 2gb version + a 16gb microsd card. That’s 18gb for the price of the 8gb Clip+.

But what if you wanted to carry around more than 18GB? :stuck_out_tongue:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@robisan wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

+1 for the Clip+.

But what if you wanted to carry around more than 18GB? :stuck_out_tongue:

Then you either bend over and curse Sansa for charging you $30+ for just 6gb of additional storage (without even a courtesy reach around) or buy a second usd card.

Edit to add… And not even give you the choice of more than 8gb onboard the Clip+ at any price…

@robisan wrote:

… And not even give you the choice of more than 8gb onboard the Clip+ at any price…

Their answer to that is to get a 32gb card, probably.  The clip+ is out with two new colors, but only in the 4gb.  That must mean that the 4gb is the most popular model.

@mags1230 wrote:

@robisan wrote:

… And not even give you the choice of more than 8gb onboard the Clip+ at any price…

Their answer to that is to get a 32gb card, probably.  The clip+ is out with two new colors, but only in the 4gb.  That must mean that the 4gb is the most popular model.

Riiiiggghht. Because spending $150+ for a 32gb card is a viable and prudent alternative in a world where a Clip+ and 16gb card can be had for around $65. Add a second 16gb card and that’s 34gb total for around $100.  Sansa’s “answer” is I should spend $180-200? That just adds sandpaper to the bendover.

My guess is the 4gb is popular because people don’t want to pay Sansa $20+ more for a measly 4gb additional storage. It’s not that 4gb is preferable, it’s that the price markup for the 8gb version is offensive.

Here’s an idea: Why don’t they take a $30+ 16gb microsd chip and put it inside a $30+ Clip+? Then I can have a 32gb rig for around the $100 is should cost.

The Sandisk 32 GB micro SDHC card is now down to around $100 on Amazon.com

i think many are waiting for it to get under $64( $2 a GB) before buying it.

Others may be waiting until they can get an 8 GB Clip+ bundled with a 32 GB micro SDHC card for under $100.

@jk98 wrote:

Now that’s good to know. I would be tempted at $75 to take the plunge.

@jk98 wrote:

When purchasing, make sure that it’s in retail packaging with only Sandisk’s company name on it and no other company’s logo.  Their warranty does not apply to bulk packaged cards.  For the price of a 16gb or 32gb card, I would choose the retail packaging even if it’s a little higher in price.

The cards that come in bulk packaging are fine, I have a few, but they’re the lower gigs and are cheap.

@tapeworm wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

Now that’s good to know. I would be tempted at $75 to take the plunge.

Agreed. I hadn’t checked in a while and it’s good to see the price dropping this quickly.

Picked up the new purple 4gb Clip+ from Best Buy yesterday for $39.99.The color looks much better in person than the pictures online. It came with the latest firmware version already installed. Listened to Road Trips Vol.3 No.4 in flac and Abbey Road, Darkside Of The Moon and Sgt. Pepper in Lame encoded 320kb mp3. Could not hear any gaps or clicks even with headphones. I guess my v1 Fuze will now be relegated to non live gapped recordings. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Norm