WTF? I am at the end of my rope!

I have a fairly new sansa fuze.

However, it has a black screen, It doesn’t turn on, the computer recognizes it as Removable disk that needs to be formatted?

I am also aware of the 20-30 sec power trick.

It doesn’t work.

I have downloaded the sansa updater and it doesn’t read it either.

Solutions?

Does it charge if plugged into your computer or an AC charger?

Is this the same one you’ve been posting about for the last 2 years with the same problem? The one with the loose/broken headphone jack, that you also dropped and spilled fruit juice on and gunked up the scroll wheel?

:confounded:

Fairly new? The Fuze has not been manufactured in some time.  So you have a refurb or something that has been sitting around a long time. Refurbs are not reliable. 

With the unit off, put it in Hold–slide the power switch down until it clicks into place and shows an orange dot on the switch. Connect the USB cord to the computer. Hold down the <<side of the wheel and keep holding it while you plug in the Sansa end of the connector. The should recognize two drives: SANSA FUZE and Removable Disc–the internal memory and the card slot.

No.  

It says  it’s not recognized :frowning:

Usually the unformatted disk means that the flash memory couldn’t be accessed due to being broken, disconnected, worn out, etc. Assuming this is the one you broke by dropping it, I don’t think you can fix it. You probably smashed something inside it.

@saratoga wrote:
Assuming this is the one you broke by dropping it, I don’t think you can fix it. You probably smashed something inside it.

Read what Cassidy 478 just said to Black-Rectangle:

@cassidy478 wrote:

No.