Trouble copying music files

It appears that I do indeed have the e200v1 (actually shows e270 on my PC) and as for posting in the wrong forum, I apologize. I also have a second player with this f/w version; V03.01.11A . My second player works fine, has 3 times a many songs and has a completly different folder set up as compared to the player giving me trouble. I have attached a picture of the differences. The image on the left is the file structure of the bad player while the image on the right is from the 2nd player  I will attempt to answer your questions and BTW thank you for your reply and interest.

Are you using a PC or Mac? I am using a PC. 

What USB mode is the player set to (Auto, MTP or MSC)?   The bad player is does not show that option on the menu. On my good player it appears to be MTP. 

Are you attempting to add files to the player or memory card? Are you sure you have enough available memory space to fit the files you’re trying to add?    I’m adding files to the player, I put in an empty memory card and it is not recognized. Yes, the player has enough available memory. Right now there are 159 mp3 files on the player. 

What is the format of the files (.mp3, .wma)? You indicated they were .mp3. Are you sure? “Protected” .wma files won’t work. The files are MP3. These are files that I have had for several  or for quite a few years.  These are files that I cycle off and on the player(s). Again my second player has 3 times a many songs.

To recap my situation, when I copy a MP3 to the bad player, it shows the name, type of file, artist and track. The file size is 0.  

Thanks again for your interest and input.