The real disappointment with the Fuze+...

…is that they stopped at 16gb capacity. I keep waiting for a larger capacity flash based player, on the order of 32 or 64gb, that won’t break the bank. Apple have the large capacity Touch models, but the price is huge. If SanDisk could come out with a 32gb version that was under $200, I would be all over that. Add in my 16gb microSD card for 48gb, and I could almost fit my entire library of music on it. But I can’t see paying the price of a new player just to go from 8 to 16gb.

You could get a Fuze and a 32 GB micro SDHC card for under $200. The problem with that is there will be no room for further memory expansion. If a player with 16 GB of memory built in and a full sized SDXC card slot becomes available for under $135, then you could get that and a 32 GB SDHC card for under $200. Perhaps a  year later when 64 GB SDXC cards are under $100, you might decide to buy one of those to use in the player and use the 32 GB card in your camera.

The other disappointment with the Fuze+ is that the battery life has not been increased.

Sandisk’s goal with the Sansa players is to keep the price under or around $100. Certain things like a 32gb hard drive/internal memory or longer battery life will make the unit bigger, thus this increase in internal memory plus the bigger battery plus the case/shell of the player being increased = increase in price. if they where to do all this  then you end up with an Ipod. if you want to be able to take you entire music collection with you and have a battery that lasts a week (if it were to be run straight thought the week none stop) then go with ipod. if you want an inexpensive mp3 player that has enough space to last you thought the day (so what if you have to chose which of your 5million songs to take with you that day) and honestly since no one uses a mp3 player from midnight to the following midnight. it will last you a minimum of two days (unless you are a vampire who listens to his player for 24 hours straight otherwise its just not possible for the battery to run out in one day because no one (except a vampire) is up for 24 hrs straight) then chose the Fuze or any Sansa player.

From what i have read of this player (mine will be with me on monday) this is a great little play and well worth the money. Just remember it is what it is.  

The Fuze+ is nice as a replacement for the View. The reason why some such as myself are disappointed is that the Fuze+ replaces the Fuze(which looks like it is being discontinued). The vast majority of those who use the Fuze just for audio are very pleased with it, and sad to see it being discontinued.

Those who want to use a player while active and want an audio only player have a great preference for tactile buttons rather than a touchpad or touchscreen.

@jk98 wrote:

The Fuze+ is nice as a replacement for the View. The reason why some such as myself are disappointed is that the Fuze+ replaces the Fuze(which looks like it is being discontinued). The vast majority of those who use the Fuze just for audio are very pleased with it, and sad to see it being discontinued.

Those who want to use a player while active and want an audio only player have a great preference for tactile buttons rather than a touchpad or touchscreen.

That’s where the Clip+ comes in to play.:wink:

" That’s where the Clip+ comes in to play." t

The Clip+ is a nice player(I have two of them) however the screen on the Clip+ is much too small, and battery life on it is much too short. When I use the Clip+, I also miss the scroll wheel of the Fuze. Lets see if Sandisk can make an audio only  player with a built in clip that has a scroll wheel,larger screen than the Clip+,  longer battery life than the Clip+, and that is smaller and lighter than the Fuze.

@jk98 wrote:

The screen on the Clip+ is much too small, and battery life on it is much too short. When I use the Clip+, I also miss the scroll wheel of the Fuze. Lets see if Sandisk can make an audio only player  player with a built in clip that has a scroll wheel, larger sxreen than the Clip+,  longer battery life than the Clip+, and that is smaller and lighter than the Fuze.

I would also like to see something like that for their next player.  And in a 16gb model, too.

Maybe they can called it the “Cluze”.  The continual use of plus signs is starting to get a little boring.

@mags1230 wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

The screen on the Clip+ is much too small, and battery life on it is much too short. When I use the Clip+, I also miss the scroll wheel of the Fuze. Lets see if Sandisk can make an audio only player  player with a built in clip that has a scroll wheel, larger sxreen than the Clip+,  longer battery life than the Clip+, and that is smaller and lighter than the Fuze.

I would also like to see something like that for their next player.  And in a 16gb model, too.

Maybe they can called it the “Cluze”.  The continual use of plus signs is starting to get a little boring.

+1 (sorry, I couldn’t resist!) :stuck_out_tongue:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@mags1230 wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

+1 (sorry, I couldn’t resist!) :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re more than welcome to agree with me anytime you like.   And as often as you like.  :wink:

I thought about that for a moment… my answer?

2+

Bob+  :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe I will simply call my new machine “Tim”.