Tags getting corrupted?

Just added 3 albums.  All properly tagged in mp3tag.  Everything fine.

Three days later, turn on fuze, now there are six versions of the artist displayed…each with a typo or a chinese character after the artist name.  Any idea how this could happen?  Rebooting does not help.  No other issues like this.  Fuze V1.01.22A

I have not yet checked the albums with mp3tag again to see what they look like there.  I suspect they are fine and the fuze is making some issues…but I suppose I should check that.

Should add that one of the three albums is FLAC and I tagged it up using mp3tag…this did not seem to present any problems at the time.

Any ideas?

@blackdog_sansa wrote:

Just added 3 albums.  All properly tagged in mp3tag.  Everything fine.

Three days later, turn on fuze, now there are six versions of the artist displayed…each with a typo or a chinese character after the artist name.  Any idea how this could happen?  Rebooting does not help.  No other issues like this.  Fuze V1.01.22A

I have not yet checked the albums with mp3tag again to see what they look like there.  I suspect they are fine and the fuze is making some issues…but I suppose I should check that.

Should add that one of the three albums is FLAC and I tagged it up using mp3tag…this did not seem to present any problems at the time.

Any ideas?

I never bothered with FLAC on my Sansas, so I can’t speak to that album. As far as the others, look at them again in MP3Tag on the player, just to see…but I’ve found that once I get all my tags set up the way I want,  that setting them to read-only before adding them to the rest of my library seems to keep them from being corrupted. Give it a shot!:wink:

Thanks MM. Never realized that was an option. This is the first time this has happened in about three years.  I looked at the files on the Fuze with mp3tag and some artist names fields were corrupted with a character at the end of the name.  The Fuze was also pulling the actual file name and putting it up as the song name.  Ex:  The filename 01.Beatles-Abbey Road-Something.mp3 would show up as the name of the song instead of “Something”…and even this sporadically.  Only one of the albums had corruption.

I pulled them all off and added fresh copies.  Weird.  Fuze has a mind of its own.  I will try the “read only” next time I’m using mp3tag.

@blackdog_sansa wrote:

Thanks MM. Never realized that was an option. This is the first time this has happened in about three years.  I looked at the files on the Fuze with mp3tag and some artist names fields were corrupted with a character at the end of the name.  The Fuze was also pulling the actual file name and putting it up as the song name.  Ex:  The filename 01.Beatles-Abbey Road-Something.mp3 would show up as the name of the song instead of “Something”…and even this sporadically.  Only one of the albums had corruption.

I pulled them all off and added fresh copies.  Weird.  Fuze has a mind of its own.  I will try the “read only” next time I’m using mp3tag.

Just to clarify…it’s not something I do in MP3Tag…I do that in Windows Explorer/My Computer. Highlight the folder , right-click, hit “properties” and then select  read-only, and apply it. That should keep the tags the way you like them.