Switched from Ipod to Sansa Fuze. but music in wrong folders?

10-4 Good Buddy.

MP3Tag is a wonderful program.  EASILY sort out all that pesky tag data.  Create new albums, preperly label Genre, make sure album art is properly imbeded in each song, etc. I do a lot of custom stuff and it’s very useful.  I find that, for some reason, professional Classical CD recordings can have very messed up tag data after ripping with WMP.  Sometimes you wont get the artist tagged correctly,or even the tracks listed correctly.  Or the files will go into “Unknown”.  Or artist will actually be listed as Sir Nougat Schmedley and not JS Bach.  MP3Tag will help you out.

Keep in mind that, aside from more recent versions of firmware, Folders on the Fuze are only for sorting and organizing while connected to the PC.  The Fuze builds database using tags withing the tracks so moving the files around to different folders has no effect on your experience of retrieving and playing songs.  That being said, I have found it useful to be very organized about how I sort and store files on the Fuze and use proper folders- and I believe that it helps reduce errors and crashes.

Welcome to the Fuze!  It’s a great little device.  One other comment, personally, I have found Synching and use of iTunes to be needlesly frustrating and much more "head-scratchin’ that simple dragging and dropping of files as you would on any computer or USB memory device. (In MSC  USB mode

Message Edited by blackdog-sansa on 07-09-2010 04:49 PM