Slotradio Menu MUST GO

I use this thing while driving and I expect the menu to stay the same across all updates. This is completely unacceptable.

How can I revert to the prevous firmware? I don’t care if it’s unsupported, my SD slot appears to be broke so I’m in the market for a new player anyway. It will be another Fuze too so long as I can update the one I buy to the previous firmware.

I will not stand for advertising in my products.

mngrif wrote:

I use this thing while driving and I expect the menu to stay the same across all updates. This is completely unacceptable.

How can I revert to the prevous firmware? I don’t care if it’s unsupported, my SD slot appears to be broke so I’m in the market for a new player anyway. It will be another Fuze too so long as I can update the one I buy to the previous firmware.

I will not stand for advertising in my products.

IT IS NOT ADVERTISING! Sorry for yelling but I feel like this has been said about a million times. The ICON you see is where you go if you have a slotradio card OR a slotmusic card and you want to use it on your fuze. It is not trying to sell you something. It is the same as the video or radio option for people who dont use those.

If you want to revert use the search function of this forum to find out how because I know for sure thats been discussed at least a million times. 

Thank you for your reply. Conversionbox you remain one of the best forum members :slight_smile:

After some searching, downgrading has NOT been discussed a million times. I only found 2 posts that were relevent.

Reverting back is a two stage process. .28 still shows the menu entry and clicking it still shows the ad, so you have to go back to .26. I started by going to .28 and then going to .26, and it worked, and it didn’t brick my Fuze. I have a v1 Fuze so I can’t say if this will work with the v2.

For those less savvy than me you can get the old firmware at http://mp3support.sandisk.com/firmware/fuze/fuze01.02.28.zip for .28 and http://mp3support.sandisk.com/firmware/fuze/fuze01.02.26.zip for the .26 version and if they remove them I will upload my copies somewhere so that others can escape the advertising. You need only to PM me. It was a very simple and easy process, just extract and copy over like all the other updates, first the .28 and then the .26. Install one at a time, first the .28 and then the .26, DO NOT try to install both at the same time. Saying a prayer while they’re installing isn’t a bad idea either. Win7 bugged out when it came back up in MTP mode so keep in mind that you can force MSC mode by setting the key lock and holding the previous track button while plugging the cable in (a full moon in alignment with mars helps too). That trick will save you the trouble of switching to MSC after installing .28.

I wasn’t going to get all political about it, but, Sansa didn’t make a new main menu for the browse folder feature, so why is there a main menu entry for something that should obviously be under Music? It is nothing more than blatant advertising. Period. Advertising is anything that makes a product or service known to a wide audience, and has nothing to do with buying things even if that’s the eventual goal. They say potato, I say potato. If what I’ve said here starts some flames, please lock the thread as that is not my intent.

Hope I don’t run in to that ogg bug that .31 fixes! On the up-shot my SD slot seems to be reading now that I’ve reflashed .26, go figure.

Message Edited by mngrif on 04-05-2010 08:44 PM

While randomly reading a noob’s post I found out that you can simply select “Rest of the world” after installing .31 to get rid of the icon.

While downgrading worked, picking the non-obvious option is definitely the way to go here.

Is that SR mode the bane of evil existence?  Plug a slotMusic card into the expansion slot, and make it turn cool blue.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

No thanks, I enjoy my 4GB of my own music that I can skip around on and fast forward.

Good riddance.

I think you’re missing the point.  SlotMusic cards have high bit rate MP3 music on them, space for your own music as well, and no DRM.

With an SM card mounted, you can even navigate to the music on the card directly from the main menu.   You have direct access, forward, reverse, and all random functions, just like your orther music.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue: