Sansa wont show old content on vista 64bit

My Fuze is a 8g and my issue i am haveing is that the content that i had put on it from my other computer wont show up it shows that there is memory taken up but no content i have down loaded music with my new comp and i can see that content but not the old what do i do to see my old content pics vids music. also all the files that should show up do but the files are empty. i have been reading posts and i have found no answers, whats next

MTP is set and nothing Auto is set and nothing i have latest drivers from what i can tell. what should i do.

64bit (Vista or XP) + Sansa mp3 players = bad karma

Set the Fuze to MSC and see if you can see the stuff from your old PC.

No Dice, just the new stuff,

I agree with daytona, you can try to set the player on other mode or try to see the files;

you can also try to use different computer.  :wink:

@keberloo wrote:

I agree with daytona, you can try to set the player on other mode or try to see the files;

Ahem . . .

I believe if you look a bit closer, you’ll see that

@rancid209 wrote:

after daytona’s suggestion.

@keberloo wrote:

Ahem . . .

I believe if you look a bit closer, you’ll see that

@rancid209 wrote:

after daytona’s suggestion.

Assuming you have the latest firmware, on your Fuze, go to Music->Folders->Internal Memory.

You should see three folders: MTP, MUSIC and RECORD.

MTP has the stuff you put on in MTP mode.

MUSIC has the stuff you put on in MSC mode

RECORD has … well you can guess that bit!

So you should be able to tell which way (MTP/MSC) to connect for the PC to see the different content on the Fuze, and also how it was put on in the first place.

The Folder view is only available with 01.02.26 or  02.02.26 (depending on which hardware versio your Fuze is). See the Firmware Update thread at the top of the forum for more info.

@tapeworm wrote:

Nonsense. The Sansa Fuze behaves perfectly fine as an MSC device under 64bit Vista or 7. MTP probably works fine too if you swing that way. I have never had any issues with my Fuze on any of my 64bit Windows installations.

64bit XP is a monster that should fade into history but probably works fine too.

I don’t believe a single moment this problem is related to 64bitness of the operating system used.

On-topic; Perhaps the MTP program you used (Windows Media Player) deleted the files in some syncing action but didn’t release the space. Try to check the disk for filesystem errors in MSC mode perhaps?

Message Edited by 7o9 on 10-02-2009 08:15 AM

@7o9 wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

Nonsense. The Sansa Fuze behaves perfectly fine as an MSC device under 64bit Vista or 7. MTP probably works fine too if you swing that way. I have never had any issues with my Fuze on any of my 64bit Windows installations.

64bit XP is a monster that should fade into history but probably works fine too.

I don’t believe a single moment this problem is related to 64bitness of the operating system used.

On-topic; Perhaps the MTP program you used (Windows Media Player) deleted the files in some syncing action but didn’t release the space. Try to check the disk for filesystem errors in MSC mode perhaps?

Message Edited by 7o9 on 10-02-2009 08:15 AM

Agreed. I used 64 Bit XP for the first year of using my Fuze, and just bought a new computer with 64 Bit Vista. No problems. In fact, the “Expired Subscription” bug went away when I switched to Vista. 

Has anyone suggested upgrading Windows Media Player?

I’ve been running 64 bit vista for months without any system problems, nor do I have any compatibility issues with devices.

It’s all a matter of you people having weird computers, not the device itself.