Sansa fuze+ discards mp3 tags

Hi guys I just got my sansa fuze+ (8 gb) and apply the 01.27.02 firmware update. Later I upload one folder from my collection but the sansa doesn’t recognize all the tags of the tracks. I don’t know if this is a file name or other problem. By example in my coldplay album I have

drwxrwxrwx 2 tuxtor tuxtor 4096 2010-09-27 00:41 (2002) A Rush Of Blood To The Head
drwxrwxrwx 2 tuxtor tuxtor 4096 2010-09-27 00:49 Castles
drwxrwxrwx 2 tuxtor tuxtor 4096 2010-01-06 01:30 Parachutes [2000]
drwxrwxrwx 2 tuxtor tuxtor 4096 2010-09-27 00:41 Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends

I’m sure that all files have the right tags (I can see it in amarok, banshee, etc.) but in the sansa I just can look Parachutes and Viva La vida or Death . . .  the other albums appear with unknown album and unknown artist.

@tuxtor wrote:

I’m sure that all files have the right tags (I can see it in amarok, banshee, etc.) but in the sansa I just can look Parachutes and Viva La vida or Death . . .  the other albums appear with unknown album and unknown artist.

I’d be willing to bet they don’t.

ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 is the format of ID3 tags you want. If you’re using Linux, I’d guess whatever program you’re using is not writing that format of tag. There have been others here before with the same scenario.

Bad news for me. I also own a fuze player and it supports very well the tags, 3/4 of my collection are in id3v2.4 tags with UTF-8, and the fuze read them well, or maybe reads id3v1 tags I don’t know.

With 50 GB of music this will be a long task. Sandisk should consider support UTF-8 and id3v2.4

Well thanks for the answer, starting the conversion in 3,2,1 . . .

Hello there,

I just bought the fuze+ from amazon…I read, that there are a lot of disappointed people, but still i decided
to give it a chance. So far, I am relatively satisfied and also the touchpad is not too bad after a while getting used to it.

I only have one big problem, that came up here already a few times:

A lot of my music is sorted in the folder “unknown artist”.

I know that some id3 tags cause problems for the fuze+.
I use the program MP3tag, options are set to

read: ID3v2
write: ID3v2 (Id3v2.3 ISO-8859-1)
delete: id3v1, APE

But still, a lot of albums are sorted into “unknown artist”. I compared quite some albums (sorted correctly vs sorted into unknown artist), but I just dont find the difference. They are all supposed to be ID3v2.

Another thing I noticed is, that while before booting the device needed around 1 minunte, it now takes around 10 seconds…maybe it does not update the id3 tags?

Thanks

Chris

Set it to also write id3v1.

Also, set it to MSC mode and delete all of the ALBUM, ARTIST, and those files (I forgot the file extension, but you’ll know what I mean) with the same extension. Reboot, it’ll take awhile this time to recreate the tag cache, but it’ll work.