Sansa Media Converter.

I think that we have to give credit and show respect to Tapeworm who have posted more than two thousand messages in this forum to help people out if he does not get paid from Sandisk.

After experiencing sluggish performance of Sansa Media Converter, i have been resorting to other programs to do video conversion, including WinAvi, Rhapsody, Prime Video Converter, any-video-converter, etc. All of them work well for some video types but not all video types. If i have to pick one as the best, maybe it is WinAvi; well, you have to pay nice bucks for it.

Just make sure to install the most updated version of K-Lite Codec Mega Pack, which is free.

Although i am not very happy about SMC, i am still a happy Sansa Fuze costomer, why should i look for more given the extremely reasonable price of Sansa Fuze compared with other similar products.

@boburanus wrote:

@ neutron_bob: I understand the differences between codecs, operating systems, media players, ect. The issue I am having is no matter what I do, SMC won’t even launch. If it had been a matter of the wrong codec, the problem would have been solved much sooner. I have the latest k-lite, quick time, xp codec pack, ect, ect. I simply cannot get SMC to do anything but seemingly die of stagefright as soon as I launch it. Thankfully, someone came forward with an alternative program to SMC. Also, I apologize for using political labels, coming off an 8 year republican binge will put just about anyone in a sour mood about it.

@ Tapeworm: I understand how things work, but you have to understand that I did contact sansa. I took the ‘correct’ steps to try and solve the problem. I got no where. What do you do when you have written your congressman for the 15th time to no avail? You call 10,000 of your closest friends and picket in the streets. Good think I chose to just ‘annoy’ people on a message board instead. 

Oh, and BTW, BUMP. 

Message Edited by kevin02454 on 12-29-2008 09:04 PM

Message Edited by kevin02454 on 12-29-2008 09:12 PM