SanDisk Guru

Re: Sansa Fuze+

CoindoorDave wrote:

The side-to-side "swiping" was aggravating, but not near as bad as the up/down and "back arrow".  I'd try as gently & slow as possible to scroll up one song or artist, and it would jump 2 or 3, so I had to go back and forth a lot.  With the V1/V2 wheel I feel I have a lot more precision and accuracy as to where I go and when I stop. 

I think you're not quite used to it yet or don't fully understand how it works. You use the 'swiping' motion to quickly scroll through lists. To move just one at a time you 'tap' once at the far end of the swipe bar (whether it be side-to-side or up-and-down).

I love this player, I really do. It has a nice weight to it, I love the features and how it works. I have the clip+ which I gave to my son when I decided to get the fuze+. The unit appears to be faulty though, it plays one slotradio card and not another, they both work on the clip+.

It randomly won't recognize some of the songs I put on it (not all), it says "unrecognized format" when I was listening to them an hour ago. These are songs I ripped off my own CD's. When I format the player and put the songs back on it recognizes them again.

When I was listening to a slotradio card it suddenly started a loud buzzing noise that wouldn't stop until I did a reset. It also won't move forward one song when I tap the forward or backward tap areas, it usually goes 2, sometimes going forward when I tap back, or skipping 8 songs instead. 3, 5, 7, 1, 8... makes no sense.

I will have it replaced with another unit, in hopes that this is just a buggy one. Besides the problems that obviously aren't intended it's a wonderful and fun device. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar problems with it.

Before you ask, I installed the updater and updated it. I take very good care of my electronic equipment, I sewed a little pouch to protect it with a cord to hang around my neck, as I couldn't seem to find any kind of holder for it online.

I was rather dissapointed at the lack of a real users manual, there's a red dot on the top of the screen to the left of the shuffle icon. No idea what that is, an indicator of some sort. A user's manual would be nice to find out what that is.

So, I have mixed feelings. Happy and Confused. Smiley Sad

(unhappy that I'll have to give it up and have to wait for a replacement!)

SanDisk User

Can't wait to try it mine will get to me some time today. !!!!! 

SanDisk Guru

LadyPandi wrote:

When I was listening to a slotradio card it suddenly started a loud buzzing noise that wouldn't stop until I did a reset. It also won't move forward one song when I tap the forward or backward tap areas, it usually goes 2, sometimes going forward when I tap back, or skipping 8 songs instead. 3, 5, 7, 1, 8... makes no sense.

I was rather dissapointed at the lack of a real users manual, there's a red dot on the top of the screen to the left of the shuffle icon. No idea what that is, an indicator of some sort. A user's manual would be nice

it sounds like shuffle is on. go to settings > music settings if shuffle is on turn it off. 

SanDisk Guru

Does the fuze+ support folder navigation?

SanDisk Guru

mags1230 wrote:

no

SanDisk Guru

drlucky wrote:

mags1230 wrote:

no

That seems like a step backwards. I never cared about folder navigation myself, but I know it was a big issue for some, and there was much rejoicing in that camp when the Fuze got folder nav.

SanDisk Guru

gwk1967 wrote:

drlucky wrote:

mags1230 wrote:

no

That seems like a step backwards. I never cared about folder navigation myself, but I know it was a big issue for some, and there was much rejoicing in that camp when the Fuze got folder nav.

It should only be an issue if you don't have good tagging practices. There's sure to be some groans when this news gets out.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru

No folder navigation!?!!  Smiley Surprised

It was a feature I used all the time.   It should have been included.  Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

SanDisk Guru

Marvin_Martian wrote:

It should only be an issue if you don't have good tagging practices.  

I make folders that are groups of songs that I like for each different folder.  I'm not a fan of making playlists and there's only one GoList.  These folders do not show up in the Album list.  And using Top Rated wouldn't work for me either.