Sansa Fuze+

No folder navigation!?!!  :dizzy_face:

It was a feature I used all the time.   It should have been included.  :cry: :cry:

@marvin_martian wrote:

It should only be an issue if you don’t have good tagging practices.  

I make folders that are groups of songs that I like for each different folder.  I’m not a fan of making playlists and there’s only one GoList.  These folders do not show up in the Album list.  And using Top Rated wouldn’t work for me either.

Me I want it in the Audiobook section how do i do that 
Me: or is that only for .aa format 
Sandisk: You are correct. It is only for the .aa (audible) format.

THIS IS A RIP OFF. WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO PAY AUDIBLE FOR AUDIOBOOKS WE ALREADY OWN JUST SO WE CAN HAVE THEM ON OUR FUZE+ THIS IS WRONG

Audible provides instructions on how to burn Audible files to CD; and then you can rip them to MP3 format.  You also can find instructions for this on the web–try a search engine search.  A bit of a hassle, but better than not.

once again you can use the podcasts folder and the audio books will appear under podcasts in the main menu.

Yah i get that but we should be able to have them in the AUDIOBOOKS section not the podcast section. its stupid that they did that. I hope that they make a firmware update that allows mp3 with the audiobooks tag to be placed in the audiobooks section.

@demobetatester wrote:

Yah i get that but we should be able to have them in the AUDIOBOOKS section not the podcast section. its stupid that they did that. I hope that they make a firmware update that allows mp3 with the audiobooks tag to be placed in the audiobooks section.

So if I understand this correctly, there is an Audiobooks folder on the Fuze+, except it’s within the Podcasts folder instead of being alongside it as in past models, is that right?

Can you not simply drag & drop your audio book files to this ‘hidden’ folder manually? Syncing isn’t the only game in town when it comes to transferring content to these player, you know. In fact, more times than not syncing causes more confusion, frustration & headaches.

Kinda like what you’re going through now, I’d say. :stuck_out_tongue:

in the current firmware there is no audiobook folder. there is a menu selection for audiobooks under the podcast menu however the only files that will go under the audio book section are audible.com files in .aa format. these files will be stored in the audible folder. 

@drlucky wrote:

in the current firmware there is no audiobook folder. there is a menu selection for audiobooks under the podcast menu however the only files that will go under the audio book section are audible.com files in .aa format. these files will be stored in the audible folder. 

Ahhh . . . got it. Well then, that’s something completely different.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Which I didn’t find out (and no where in the manual does it say this) that its only .aa (audible) format that can be placed under that heading. But you can place the audiobooks (that are in mp3 format w/ the audiobook genre) in the Podcast section. WHICH IS IDIOTIC.

Well, the little guy is new, so we’ll see some differences in folder heirarchy and navigation.  Having all audiobooks in the podcast folder makes sense from the standpoint that they are all handled in much the same way, playing them back like podcasts (with resume within the file if the file is reopened).

For those who manually send the files over, the difference involves an obvious discovery / learning curve.  I haven’t tried it yet, but does the Audible Manager automatically send the files to the correct destination?

Edit- The Audible Manager DOES index books (aa or aax format) properly on the Fuze+.  In the GUI, they show under podcasts, then one step “over” in the audiobooks heading.  For those using Audible format books, the Fuze + requires books in the Audible Format 4 or Enhanced (aax) formats only.

Audiobooks from other sources can be placed in the Podcast folder to separate them from music navigation, and allow easier resume or simply make them easier to find in daily operation.  Be sure, if you edit the ID3 tag, to set the Genre to Audiobook, as this keeps them separated better from your music.  If you pause the book, you will have a resume option with the current firmware.

I have found that the Fuze+   handles Audible DRM a little differently: a test file for the Fuze (original) that I have on the microSD card, loaded on the earlier device, does play once the Fuze+ has been authorized using the Audible Manager client.  The device recognizes the valid authorization, and plays both versions of the book, pretty nice.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

HI all:

I’m pleased that the new FUZE uses micro USB, it’ll make it easier to buy them in the computer stores. I have one for my cellphone, I’d have to chack if I can transfer files with it or iot’s just for charging.

xavier

I was very fond of my Sansa Fuze (original) and I used  folder navigation exclusively.

My Fuze was stolen in a burglary earlier this month.  I went out and found only the Fuze+ in the shops, didn’t really like the new touch pad as much as the old “wheel”, but bought one out of brand loyalty.

I am really, really upset to find that Fuze+ no longer supports folder navigation.  I have a huge mp3 collection, lots of audiobooks in mp3 format, some music from indie labels and early days when tagging was a bit uncertain.  It would be hundreds of hours of work to retag everything “properly”.  I like organising my mp3s by folder:  I still think of my music as albums, not tracks, and I still think of my albums as “shelved” by categories.

I fear I’ll have to take my Fuze+ back to the shop after xmas and start shopping for a new player that *does* support folder navigation – maybe an original Fuze on Ebay.  The Sansa team may find this irrational –  I may be “behind the times” – but I find the new player nearly unusable – and for some reason I don’t feel like putting in 100+ hours of tedious laptop time just to be able to find my music.  I wish the Fuze+ worked just like the old Fuze, which was the best mp3 player I ever met.

Very, very bad news for xmas to find out that folder nav has been taken out of the firmware.  Why?  What would the cost have been of leaving it in for those who like it?

@de_clarke wrote:

I was very fond of my Sansa Fuze (original) and I used  folder navigation exclusively.

My Fuze was stolen in a burglary earlier this month.  I went out and found only the Fuze+ in the shops, didn’t really like the new touch pad as much as the old “wheel”, but bought one out of brand loyalty.

I am really, really upset to find that Fuze+ no longer supports folder navigation.  I have a huge mp3 collection, lots of audiobooks in mp3 format, some music from indie labels and early days when tagging was a bit uncertain.  It would be hundreds of hours of work to retag everything “properly”.  I like organising my mp3s by folder:  I still think of my music as albums, not tracks, and I still think of my albums as “shelved” by categories.

I fear I’ll have to take my Fuze+ back to the shop after xmas and start shopping for a new player that *does* support folder navigation – maybe an original Fuze on Ebay.  The Sansa team may find this irrational –  I may be “behind the times” – but I find the new player nearly unusable – and for some reason I don’t feel like putting in 100+ hours of tedious laptop time just to be able to find my music.  I wish the Fuze+ worked just like the old Fuze, which was the best mp3 player I ever met.

Very, very bad news for xmas to find out that folder nav has been taken out of the firmware.  Why?  What would the cost have been of leaving it in for those who like it?

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Fuze-folder-browse-mode/td-p/217752

I have exactly the same problem(like srsly…almost word for word). I think I will wait another week and then take it back (14 day return policy, so I can’t keep it and pray for folder browsing).

Folder browsing, as implemented on the earlier Fuze, and Clip+, wasn’t taken out from the Fuze+ capabilities, it has not been implemented on the new device.

The Fuze+ is, obviously, a new platform, and it has a new processor.  It handles things differently than the previous device.  There is no official word as yet, regarding the addition of a folder mode capability for the Fuze+.  Folder browsing was not implemented on the original Fuze originally either.

I agree, folder mode can be quite handy.

Bob  :wink:

How do I view Chinese on Sansa Fuze+?

語言選擇在設定裡菜單。

Hold the upper left “button” for three seconds to return to the main menu level.  Scroll all the way to the right to the settings menu option, and click on the center button.

Scroll midway down the list of options to language.  You will find Chinese at the bottom level of the language list.  I don’t read Chinese, but there are several Asian languages listed at the end.  I’d have a task ahead if I happened to select one, getting back to English.  The new device has quite a few available languages.

The main menus do look quite interesting in Cyrillic characters, at least I can fudge my way back from there.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

OK. U say that ppl aren’t away from AC power 4 a certain amount of time. U r right. However, unless u purchase the AC adapter, u have 2 get 2 a computer in order 2 charge the battery. Not always so convenient.

According 2 the users manual, the battery isn’t replacable, so having extra batteries obviously not an option.

I can’t imagine that a longer life battery would cause the unit 2 have 2 b thicker in order 2 accomodate a longer life battery. All they have 2 do is use a battery that is the same size w/a longer life battery just like they have w/laptops.

@donnebonn wrote:

OK. U say that ppl aren’t away from AC power 4 a certain amount of time. U r right. However, unless u purchase the AC adapter, u have 2 get 2 a computer in order 2 charge the battery. Not always so convenient.

With reliable AC adaptor/chargers available for $10 (or less) nowadays, there’s really no excuse for not having one. Convenience issue solved.