Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

Re: Sansa Fuze+

Njones wrote:

Does it have gapless playback?

I knew that one would come up sooner or later . . . I'm actually surprised it took this long (8 hours). :smileyvery-happy:

Given that the last player, the Clip+ supports gapless playback, one can probably assume the Fuze+ does too.

SanDisk User
Njones

[ Edited ]

I just got home from MN.  and found the news of a release date and was surprised that the question of gapless had not come up yet.

SanDisk User
deathmetalred

One website I saw earlier today with info on the Fuze+ said that it does have gapless playback, which was one of the few annoyances I had with my Fuze.  I think this will be a solid upgrade.  I'm not nearly as concerned about the touch controls as everyone else is around here.  Judging by the demo videos on the product page, it looks like a decently fluid UI with touch controls. 

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

deathmetalred wrote:

Judging by the demo videos on the product page, it looks like a decently fluid UI with touch controls. 

I saw those too, and thought the screen response was awful sluggish though. I would have thought it would have been a bit snappier.

I did like the alpha letter displayed iin the upper right corner when scrolling (accelerated) through long artist or song lists. Nice touch!

SanDisk Guru
mags1230

A reviewer mentioned that the main menu background is a "custom" one made up of the user's album art.  Does this mean that we'll be able to personalize the background?

SanDisk Guru
Marvin_Martian

mags1230 wrote:

A reviewer mentioned that the main menu background is a "custom" one made up of the user's album art.  Does this mean that we'll be able to personalize the background?

I'm guessing no.:smileywink:

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Administrator
slotmonsta

Yes, The Fuze+ support gapless playback

Yes, you can set your own pictures as the background. If no picture is set as the background it will use the album art to stitch together a background image. 

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

SanDisk Guru
mags1230

Why wasn't the battery life increased?  If it's due to pricing, then I would have been willing to pay a little more for more hours.

SanDisk User
PTJim

[ Edited ]

If we add a 16Gb or 32Gb uSDHC card to the Fuze+ 16Gb version,

- Will it smoothly handle 10,000+ song titles?

- Will the uSDHC card integrate with onboard memory to form a single playback-library space, as does the current Fuze?

Thanks for any solid info.

SanDisk Guru
JK98

"Why wasn't the battery life increased? If it's due to pricing, then I would have been willing to pay a little more for more hours."

Sandisk seems to be overly obsessed with player thickness. Perhaps having double the battery life might mean having a player around 20% thicker? I guess the additional cost for a battery with double the capacity wouldn't have been that much. I agree with you. Imo mid sized players such as the Fuze and Fuze+ should have 50+ hours of battery life, and smaller players such as the Clip+ should have 25+ hours of battery life.