Sansa Fuze is DEAD... D.E.A.D!!!No Power No Nada!! Help??

Hi All.

Well…Its DEAD…Totally Dead. :angry: & it’s only 3 Months Old !!! ???

I was downloading songs this morning & downlaoded an audible book & all was fine…I was listening to it & then next thing I know it wouldnt power on, so then I plugged it up to the computer to see if it would power up from there & nothing!! I know it was fully charged, but I thought plugging it in may boot it up…but it didnt. Does anyone know why this happened…again, its still fairly new;…getting it only 3 months ago. Is there something i can do other then contact Sansa warranty people?? Maybe some trick someone knows or a download or something? I dont care if I loose everything on there…I have everything saved to a cd anyway, …I would just LOVE to get it working…I dont think I can live without my player??? Im gonna go buy another i think for now, but would really love to fix this or get advice as to what to do. 

Any advice or tricks of the trade would be so appreciated!!

HUGS HUGS!:smileywink:

Corey … a.k.a LadyCore

Wow.  Wall Of Purple Text.

Try holding the power switch in the ON position for 20 seconds, then try turning it on again.

If that fails, I’d call SanDisk, unless someone else comes along with other ideas.

You could also try leaving it plugged into the computer overnight, sometimes they come back.

Hi,

Power on your Fuze and holt the Powerslide to the up position for more then 10 seconds.

You will need it some times…:wink:

Yes, the soft reset to the rescue!

Every time the Sansa powers down normally, you’ll note the “goodbye” screen.  What it’s doing during this message is saving a snapshot of everything while running normally.

The soft reset clears the device pointers, and loads this last saved data.

When your player freezes, it can rapidly restore a happy player (and the listener too) !

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Sea Of Purple is Back Again to tell you all that I LOVE YA’S !!! IT WORKED IT WORKED IT WORKED!!! :smileyvery-happy:

XXXXXXX OOOOOOO

I had tried holding the power switch up before coming to the forums because I saw it in other posted forums but I think i may not have held it up long enough or something. I had to do it three times this time & I held it up for over 40 seconds & when I let it down it still didnt go on, but then I hit it up real quick & WAH LAH…it came on!!!

You guys are the BEST !!

THANKS BUNCHES!!

HUGS HUGS!!

Corey… a.k.a LadyCore

@ladycore wrote:

Sea Of Purple is Back Again to tell you all that I LOVE YA’S !!! IT WORKED IT WORKED IT WORKED!!! :smileyvery-happy:

XXXXXXX OOOOOOO

I had tried holding the power switch up before coming to the forums because I saw it in other posted forums but I think i may not have held it up long enough or something. I had to do it three times this time & I held it up for over 40 seconds & when I let it down it still didnt go on, but then I hit it up real quick & WAH LAH…it came on!!!

You guys are the BEST !!

THANKS BUNCHES!!

HUGS HUGS!!

Corey… a.k.a LadyCore

That’s the way it is. It’s not supposed to come on when you release the switch after holding it, it’s supposed to reset and shut off. When you slide the switch up briefly and release it after resetting, then it’s supposed to come on.

And I understand the desire to be a little different, but the purple comic sans is a bit much.

Jeez…Qwk1967.

LIGHTEN UP! She could have used this AWFUL unreadable green!!!

You type in ANY DANG COLOR YOU WANT LADY CORE!

lol

I agree, the font and color share your personality, as long as the combination is legible.  HUGE fonts convey the same as shouting, but colors are cute.  Well, except the green and yellow that are difficult to read.

µsansa

Does it Really Matter which Color & Font People Use???

How About A Rainbow For Ya’s ??? … I Bet You’ll Really Love That !!

Im an Artistic Fun Loving Person who Enjoys Color & Graphics & I like not being or doing the same ole same ole…                     blah blah blah…BORING!!!

…& whats wrong with Comic Sans Font???..It’s a Clear Legible Font???

I’d rather be Colorful & Fun rather then Boring & Plain !!

…& I WAS Shouting…Shouting Out My Love, Gratitude & Thanks !!

…I’m done discussing an Irrelevant Subject matter in a Help Forum such as this…

THANKS to ALL of you who Gave their USEFUL Assistance to my Sansa Issue…Im Eternally Grateful!!

<HUGS HUGS>

Corey…a.k.a. LadyCore

Comic Sans and colors are fine just watch your colors, and your size. Some colors are hard to read on the background of this site. And as was stated massive font sizes are the same as using all caps to yell at someone.

My Sansa Came Back from the Dead!!!

Seriously, I have had my Fuze for about 10 months… I use it for everything, including recordding lectures.  Five minutes ago…it died.   I found this forum and you guys safed my life.   20sec was all it took.Thanks to you guys I am back in business.

Hi

I bought one of these in June.  The thing stop working within two weeks of purchase and I took it back to Best Buy and they gave me another one.

Today it happened again and I called Best Buy and they told me to bring it back.  Desperate for my music, I decided to try to see if I can find any information about this problem on your site and low and behold, I found this.  Your advice worked like a charm.

But I need to know why does this problem occur with this player?  Is it a defect or what?  I don’t want to keep worrying about it conking out on me.

Please explain what the problem is.

Thanks,

It has happened to me twice in about 6 months. Nothing lost- but have others lost music when this has happened? That’s probably going to be the biggest annoyance if it is a possibility- even a rare one. I seem to recall having seen others saying this- but is it a 50% possibility, 5%, .5% ?

At the moment the biggest annoyance is the hours it takes to reindex (feels like hours when your waiting…)