Sansa Fuze database does not list all songs stored in the Fuze and microsd card.

Avalon,

Your running some old firmware…  Try updating you firmware…  Latest is v01.02.28A If I remember right…  The v01.02.26A also worked very well… You have a Fuze V1 so I think you will find the firmware to work well for you too…  The V2’s are more buggy with the latest firmware I read.  George

Avalon wrote:

Hi,

I have contacted SanDisk support on this, but I thought that I woul check to see if anyone has seen the same problem.

I have a Sansa Fuze 8gb with a 4gb SDHC card = 12 GB.
My firmware revision is V01.01.11A
I am using Windows XP and have followed all operating procedures provided with the Fuze.

I have stored 4247 songs on the Fuze in wma vbr 50 format; 2918 on the Fuze and 1329 on a 4gb microsd card. 

All 4247 songs are accessible and playable from the Fuzeusing windows explorer and media player.

However, the Sansa Fuze only lists 3698 songs in the database leaving 549 songs which I cannot access from the FUZE menus.  The 3698 accessible songs appear to play fine on the Fuze.

I have changed the mix of songs between the SD card and the FUZE to see if the SD card is the problem, but the number of viewable songs is always between 3690 and 3740 no matter where the 4247 songs reside.

I have manually refreshed the firmware and have reformatted both the FUZE and the SD card.  After writing all songs back to the FUZE, there is no change.

It appears that there is some restriction in the database limiting the database size which effectively limits the number of songs in my case to approximately 3700 independent of where they reside; FUZE or SD card.

This is frustrating to me since I cannot access all my songs and I purchased the FUZE to expand up to 32 GB as the microsd cards become available.  For now, I would like to fully utilize the 12GB (net overhead) of the FUZE and microSD.

I appreciate SanDisk support responses to date, but unfortunately, they have not solved this problem.

I would like to know if anyone else has seen this problem and if it is a firmware problem with the FUZE?  I need to know since my 30 day exchange deadline is approaching.  Will I return the FUZE as defective or is there an outstanding firmware bug creating this problem which will be corrected or some other fix I could try?