Sansa Fuze connection problem

I just received a Sansa Fuze as a gift, I was able to put some songs on it yesterday. Today I wanted to put more songs on it and it will not stay connected to my computer. When I plug it into the USB port it will connect, then it will disconnected, and continue doing this on it’s own. I called the tech line and they don’t know what is causing this.

Is it possble there is not enough output from the usb ports from my computer? I don’t know I am just digging for answers.

Try this. Unplug it, go to Settings>System Settings>USB Mode> MTP > Hit the Middle Button. Then Plug it back in. See if it will stay connected. If it does and you cant see what you added last night thats ok its still there. If not then Do the same thing only choosing MSC mode.

If neither setting helps try a different usb port, and repeat this test. If that doesnt work try taking it back for a replacement. 

Also Depending on the Method you want to use to add files, and how you plan to use your player either mode has its benefits.  How do you want to add music to the player? 

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 12-22-2009 08:17 PM

"Is it possble there is not enough output from the usb ports from my computer? I don’t know I am just digging for answers. "

If it is a desktop pc, then plug the player into a rear USB connector. The connectors in the front are often very low power ones. If you are using a notebook computer, make sure it is connected to AC power and that the power management settings are reasonable(so it isn’t cutting the USB back to USB1, or cutting the power to the USB ports to save power). The player might not connect properly through a hub or when using a USB extension cord.

Try setting the USB mode on the player to MSC. To do this, turn on the player, go to settings, USB mode.

One last though is that if something is defective, it is much more likely that the cable is defective than the player itself.

Do you have access to another computer to try connecting it to? That might help diagnose the problem.

It is a pity that you probably don’t have a spare cable to try it with.

Message Edited by JK98 on 12-22-2009 11:06 PM

I have 2 Sansa Fuze players, so yes I have tried the other cable, and it does not make a difference. I tried putting it on a usb in the back and that still does not work.

Conversionbox wrote: 

Also Depending on the Method you want to use to add files, and how you plan to use your player either mode has its benefits.  How do you want to add music to the player? 

I just right clicked and copied the mp3 files, then pasted them into the music folder of the sansa fuze. I also tried putting the usb mode on both mtp and msc, still doing the same thing. I am gonna take it to a friends computer and see if it still does it.

" have 2 Sansa Fuze players"

Does the other Fuze work okay on your computer? If so, then this Fuze might be defective.

Yes, the ohter Fuze works fine. I returned the bad one. Thanks