Sansa Fuze audio Digital distortion clicks and pops?--help?

For the most part I rip my music with Vista Media Center or Media player.(one in the same) and all my personal rips are mp3/256kbps/Non protected I don’t really seea reason to go higher. I have a Recent rip of the Home Alone soundtrack, which is at 256kbps and it definatly hiccups as described. Other mp3 that i have downloaded from other sources i can’t be too sure. i have an extensive Movie soundtrack collection, i could not even imagine going thrugh and re-encoding them all…Sigh… it happens with and without the backlight on my backlight is off most of the time anyway but i was sure to keep it onfor a test and sure enough…the odd thing seems to be that the distortion happens in the same spot on the track on the sansa but on my wm6 phone,my blackberry pearl and my  samsung phone i never hear this distortion, nor does it happen on my pc or my laptop. this is why im soo confused! 

Tapeworm, i will be testing mp3 gain and i will get back to you with the results, thank you soo much for your help thus far, this forum seems to be more of a help than others i have experienced!

–Brian