Sansa Fuze Video Converter will not convert my mp4 Videos. Help!!

I have several .mp4 video files that play fine on windows media player that will not convert. It says to install the correct codec first. How do I go about doing this??

Unfortunately, mp4 can hold a lot of different kinds of video under the same filename.

If you are trying to convert a “digital copy” of a DVD, you probably can’t. It’s tightly encrypted to play on your computer but not to be transferred again. You would be better off using something like DVD Decrypter (Google it) to rip the original DVD, then using a converter.

If not a “digital copy” then: 

Are you trying to use the official Sansa Media Converter or Video4Fuze?

If you’re trying SMC, see if you get lucky with Video4Fuze instead. 

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=31437

Don’t read the whole thread (yet), just download it from the first post and try it. 

Message Edited by Black-Rectangle on 01-19-2010 08:26 PM

Da, tovarish.  You are needing codecs.  Please to download CCCP and enjoy converted veedeos!!

Seriously, this is the coolest codec bundle since the chicken nugget.  And it’s open source too.  After installation, the Sansa Media Converter will have the tools it is looking for.  Oh, and Windows Media Player will play DVDs too.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 01-19-2010 08:43 PM

neutron_bob wrote:

Da, tovarish.  You are needing codecs.  Please to download CCCP and enjoy converted veedeos!!

Seriously, this is the coolest codec bundle since the chicken nugget.  And it’s open source too.  After installation, the Sansa Media Converter will have the tools it is looking for.  Oh, and Windows Media Player will play DVDs too.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 01-19-2010 08:43 PM

I don’t know how comprehensive CCCP is, but I can say that on my Windows 7 machine that the http://shark007.net/win7codecs.html  package has played back everything I have tried in WMP12 so far. I don’t know if this package plays nicely with SMC or not though.

Awesome.  There are many codec bundles out there.  I am stubborn- I haven’t jumped into Windows 7 yet, and the requisite WiMP12, as having XP and WiMP11 is still the most common platform out there.

Even as I do upgrade, I’ll still need XP machines for testing.

The Vista machines were saved by retrofitting with XP Pro.  I paid my dues with NT and Windows Me.  We dubbed Vista Windows Me II.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

neutron_bob wrote:

Awesome.  There are many codec bundles out there.  I am stubborn- I haven’t jumped into Windows 7 yet, and the requisite WiMP12, as having XP and WiMP11 is still the most common platform out there.

Even as I do upgrade, I’ll still need XP machines for testing.

The Vista machines were saved by retrofitting with XP Pro.  I paid my dues with NT and Windows Me.  We dubbed Vista Windows Me II.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

I never tried a Vista machine, but I am happy with 7. At first I couldn’t fairly compare XP Pro to 7  because of the processor and RAM being so much different between the two machines, but a month into it, I’m happy. Is it perfect? No…but there’s no such thing as the perfect system, is there?

As far as WiMP12, I still prefer Mediamonkey for use with my players, the fact that it has the podcast aggregator, and how I can sort through my collection…plus it can tag m4a files(which I couldn’t with WMP12 or MP3Tag).  WiMP12 will now play all my music files, if I choose to use it…it will play my DVD’s beautifully,and has a lot of cool visualizations for playback, if you’re into that sorta thing. I usually just use it for DVD’s, but I’m gradually experimenting with it, in case there are questions about it either here or in other forums I frequent.

I’ve strayed from the topic at hand…I expect microsansa  might move these last couple of posts. :dizzy_face:

you have to convert the mp4 video into a avi video, by using a video converter

which is way simpler then all of the posts above me

Message Edited by jrdnkasparek on 01-20-2010 11:13 AM

It’s not simple if the MP4 has DRM, which was the point of the first part of Black-Rectangle's post.

AnyVideoConverter is a useful tool to convert source video to avi.  The .mp4 extension can include protected media in some Apple iTunes video, which can cause problems.

Apple Quick Time is part of mp4, so be sure to have the Quick Time player (you don’t need to have iTunes, just the QT player) for the Sansa Media Converter to transfer the video.

The Sansa Media Converter will be happy with MPEG-2 or MPEG-4, and avi.  These conversions will transfer readily to the Fuze.

µsansa

any video player is the best for this

So interesting,but if you have a Windows and you want convert video to flv try to use Video to Flash Converter Pro.It’s prog can convert many different formats.

Message Edited by Brian01 on 03-23-2010 06:25 AM

@rosemargaret106 wrote:
I have several .mp4 video files that play fine on windows media player that will not convert. It says to install the correct codec first. How do I go about doing this??

I’ve used FuzeVidzto successfully convert a few .mp4 videos; after conversion, just drag-and-drop into your Sansa Fuze Video folder (you don’t need to use Sansa Media Converter). If you need codecs, I’d recommend that you download and install the K-Lite Codec Pack

another ‘path’ is to convert the mp4 videos using the free format factory…  it seems to work fine (free is good!)… I usually convert to another pretty good format first, then to fuze

Message Edited by timn on 03-25-2010 07:30 AM

I don’t have a fuze yet, (will in a few days!) and am not too tech savy so sorry if i’m seemingly ignoring everything that’s been said…I’d like to just download/convert videos from youtube, mostly guitar and piano lessons and want to know if i can just use the youtube converter or if the SMC is better or if i’ll need that as well.

@novatocreek wrote:
I don’t have a fuze yet, (will in a few days!) and am not too tech savy so sorry if i’m seemingly ignoring everything that’s been said…I’d like to just download/convert videos from youtube, mostly guitar and piano lessons and want to know if i can just use the youtube converter or if the SMC is better or if i’ll need that as well.

After you’ve got your YouTube videos, use FuzVidz; then just drag-and-drop to your Sansa Fuze. I’ve used FuzeVidz to successfully convert a number of music videos I downloaded from YouTube.
Message Edited by writedoc on 03-30-2010 09:52 AM

I’m not using Fuze, but you can ask help from other Free Video Converter, or hunt a tutorial on Fuze’s official site.

video to flash converter