SanDisk Guru

Re: Sansa Fuze General Information

shenanagins1091 wrote:
Ipods are better anyway. I go with Fuze still though. There are more varieties and colors and more accessories. Also, the Ipod has better screen resolution and sound quality and features like games and cover flow. There “wheel” is touch as well, not an actual wheel. It also feels less cheap, has a bigger screen, and is slimmer. The Fuze has FM radio (not many people actually listen to the radio or choose to buy the Fuze because of it) and supports microSD. I went with the Fuze since it’s cheaper and I don’t need a lot of space and I don’t intend to watch videos on it anyway.

The iPod most certainly does not have better sound quality than the Fuze and Clip. I found all the accessories that I needed just fine. I found the color I wanted. I have no interest in playing games on something the size of a credit card. Cover flow...couldn't care lessSmiley Tongue Screen resolution....I'll give you that one Smiley Wink

For the record....I'm not saying all this intending on starting a flamewar....this is intended to be lighthearted banterSmiley Happy

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Fanatic

I don't like Ipod so I don't want to sound like I do. With the default headphones, I think the Ipod has better sound quality. I could care less about cover flow or screen resolution since I'm not watching videos anyway. The Ipod has genius mode as well and the shake to change mode and you can change the screen to landscape mode or whatever.
4 GB Red Fuze, Black Silicon Case, Red JVC Marshmallow Headphones. A 1 GB m240 as well, those were the days.
SanDisk Guru

shenanagins1091 wrote:
I don't like Ipod so I don't want to sound like I do. With the default headphones, I think the Ipod has better sound quality. I could care less about cover flow or screen resolution since I'm not watching videos anyway. The Ipod has genius mode as well and the shake to change mode and you can change the screen to landscape mode or whatever.

I would love to see a poll taken of everyone here, to see what percentage actually use the stock earbuds ,and how many have used something else. There aren't many stock earbuds from any brand that are more than average.

So how about it Sansa people? Let's see a poll....I used my stock buds for 2 days until I upgraded, when I bought my Fuze....the ones that came with my Clip are still wrapped up. Smiley Wink

2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Fanatic

I use the stock ones since I don't know what to get that cost under $15.
4 GB Red Fuze, Black Silicon Case, Red JVC Marshmallow Headphones. A 1 GB m240 as well, those were the days.
SanDisk Guru

shenanagins1091 wrote:
I use the stock ones since I don't know what to get that cost under $15.

My KSC75's were on sale for about $6, I think normally they're somewhere between 10 and 20.

SanDisk Fanatic

I don't really want clip ones. I don't know if I'd like the in-earbuds either.
SanDisk Guru

shenanagins1091 wrote:

The in-ear ones, I can't wear....regular earbuds don't stay put for me, they fall out. The clippies, I do have to take them off after awhile, they eventually bug the outer ear. That's why I can't wait for the 201's to get hereSmiley Happy

SanDisk Fanatic

Marvin_Martian wrote:

I would love to see a poll taken of everyone here, to see what percentage actually use the stock earbuds ,and how many have used something else. There aren't many stock earbuds from any brand that are more than average.

So how about it Sansa people? Let's see a poll....I used my stock buds for 2 days until I upgraded, when I bought my Fuze....the ones that came with my Clip are still wrapped up. Smiley Wink

I bought a e260v2, and never unwrapped the included phones. Then it went wrong, so while it was on RMA, I bought a Fuze - came with the same phones, which are also still in their wrapping.  Then my e260v2 came back. SanDisk generously sent me another full retail package, complete with phones... Now I have sets 3 of the things, still wrapped up!

SanDisk Guru

Marvin_Martian wrote:

shenanagins1091 wrote:

The in-ear ones, I can't wear....regular earbuds don't stay put for me, they fall out. The clippies, I do have to take them off after awhile, they eventually bug the outer ear. That's why I can't wait for the 201's to get hereSmiley Happy

I think you will really like the HD201'.  They are about the best inexpensive headphones that I have ever heard...Smiley Happy

"Before I sink into the big sleep...I want to hear the scream of the Butterfly"
SanDisk Guru

fuze_owner-GB wrote:

I think you will really like the HD201'.  They are about the best inexpensive headphones that I have ever heard...Smiley Happy

I wrestled with it for a couple days....get those or the 202. I read stuff on ABI, headfi, the actual Sennheiser site, Amazon, other places I don't recall atm...I tend to over-analyze things that most would make a snap decision on. It's good to hear a positive review about them Smiley Happy