Sansa Fuze User Manual and General Information

Save the podcast on your PC, then simply drag and drop the video to the Sansa Media Converter.  Once the podcast is imported, the Convert button will highlight.  Click that, and it will send the video to your Fuze!  Use SMC version 4.236.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue: 

Hey guys, quick question here. I just bought the Fuze, but the real issue here maybe the Sansa Media Converter. I’ve already successfully converted/loaded one movie into the fuze. But now when I try to load a second-diff. movie-the SMC only converts the file (which is in Avi format) but doesn’t load it onto the fuze. By the way, the first movie was in avi too, so I know the format isn’t the issue here. Anywaze, when converting, the top status bar shows 100% on converting, but the lower status bar only goes up to 49% and doesn’t continue. At first I just thought the process might take longer, but I left the program running for 4 more hours and nothing changed. I tried starting the process over on several occasions and still got the same result.

make sure you have the space on your Fuze. Althought you may of though it that already, but if you don’t have lots of space left, check, and make sure.

Mark(I am simple guy! simple answers)

Message Edited by markjones12345 on 09-18-2008 05:57 PM

Thanx for the reply Mark, however I definately have more than enough space (over 3 gb). It’s been about a week since I last tried so maybe I’ll re-analyze the situation and try a diff. approach.

Dimensions: 3.1 x 1.9 x 0.3 in. (HxWxD)

The screen is 1.9 inches. How can the width be that much?

i am trying to find out the specifications (input/output) on the additional AC Adapter.  it most likely will be found on the actual AC Adapter device.

thanks!

denniz, all screens are measured diagonally (corner to corner) and the fuze width (edge to edge) is 1.9"

i was stumped too, for a half second, when i saw your post.  then i remember how screens are measured.

Yea I just remembered that once I posted my reply but didn’t want to edit my reply as I was busy scratching my butt jk. I had more important things to do.

I have a fuze that stops charging after 1 minute connected- what’s up…

start a new thread

hey is there a toggle wheel on the front that makes it kinda like the ipod

Hey! I’ve got a belly button!

Message Edited by blackdog-sansa on 11-17-2008 02:57 PM

New owner with a quick question – Is there any way to Quit or Exit or even Stop the Music player prior to shutting down? Menu options seem to be just Play or Pause. Even when returning to the main menu it shows a “Now Playing” scroll across the bottom. What am I missing? Thanks.

(I’ve looked at the manual, searched/looked around this forum etc without answer. This stupid question didn’t seem worthy of it’s own thread…) 

On the Fuze, pause is the same thing as stop.

Well you can stop music playback on the Fuze by watching a video then returning to main menu or starting a recording and then stopping and discarding it. Not very straightforward, but it is possible :D.

melchior.

Sansafix,

Im a bit unclear as to whether the sansafuze has bookamarks or not…I am considering purchasing a Sansa fuze, however I wanted to know if you there are Bookmarks, or a way to resume to the middle of a previous song, after listening to several other songs…

Thanks 

MPEG-2 TS, is also a popular format specially for some camcorder which can’t be supported by common players. The MPEG-2 TS Converter is an excellent TS Converter to convert MPEG-2 TS format files. The TS Converter can convert .ts files to mpeg2, convert .ts to avi, wmv, wma, mpg, convert .ts to mp3, mp4 and other common formats respectivly for iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP and other digital players with perfect quality and fast conversion speed.Video_TS Converter is a TS File Converter which can convert the files in Video_TS folder and extract audio from .ts files. The TS Video File Converter supports converting .m2ts, .mts, .mkv, .flv, .mp4 and other supported files.

@besed83 wrote:

Sansafix,

Im a bit unclear as to whether the sansafuze has bookamarks or not…I am considering purchasing a Sansa fuze, however I wanted to know if you there are Bookmarks, or a way to resume to the middle of a previous song, after listening to several other songs…

Thanks 

I don’t know if you ever got an answer.  The Fuze does NOT have bookmarks (except with video, I’ve heard, although I haven’t tried it).  It has  a “resume” feature which is more a workaround to the lack of bookmarks than a true bookmarking feature.  To implement this workaround, you either have to put your book (or music) into a folder under the Audiobooks folder on the Fuze, or you have to change your genre tag on your book or music to Audiobook before syncing to the Fuze (This latter fix only works if the book or music is not copyright protected to the extent that it disallows you changing genre tags).  If you do one of these things, the Fuze will automatically store your last position in the file, but it won’t give you the option of either storing or not storing a bookmark in the file. 

But the answer is no.  The Fuze in its current implementation doesn’t support bookmarking

I don’t know if the idea is to keep the first post in this thread updated, seeing as it is stickied, but if so the ‘latest firmware’ needs updating with the current two firmwares available.

Message Edited by pelago on 12-11-2008 11:11 PM

A Q

Can I transfer songs/Albums directly from my Fuze to another Fuze/Ipod? And how?

Thanks

Giora Zeevy