Sansa Fuze User Manual and General Information

Access Denied

You don’t have permission to access “http://mp3support.sandisk.com/downloads/smc-4.236.exe” on this server.

Reference #18.9deef748.1213805153.1e04a5ce

Ay, caramba! Are you logged as Administrator / Exhalted Ruler / Chosen One in Vista? This link may be snafu. In a few minutes, I’ll post a working 4.236 link.  The link will bring you back to the top of this thread.

This link is a workaround, at least it is currently feeding me the SMC (just checked at 1544PST 6-18-08). Click on the Media Converter download link in the resulting page. A window will pop up for the SanDisk file, with Save File in greyout. Click twice on the greyed out button, and you’ll be in business.

Bob :dizzy_face:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 06-18-2008 03:46 PM

this link doesn’t work me, the answer is the same “Access Denied” Please Help me…

Im really confused and dont really know if im supposed to ask a question here … but i need help with putting videos on my sansa fuze.

I have downloaded everything but after that nothing happens!

I have a mac so is that the problem?? HELP PLEASE!!! 

@rockursox wrote:

Im really confused and dont really know if im supposed to ask a question here … but i need help with putting videos on my sansa fuze.

I have downloaded everything but after that nothing happens!

I have a mac so is that the problem?? HELP PLEASE!!! 

this is not the place to ask this question but i will answer it anyway. 

SMC (sansa media converter) is the only way to convert video for the fuze. SMC is not compatible with MAC so unless you have a PC you will not be able to put videos on your fuze. MAC = no video on fuze.

Yes, the Sansa Media Converter has to be running under Windows to work its magic.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue: 

I’ve loaded Sansa Media Converter 3 times now and something isn’t right.  I even re-downloaded the exe file from the link in this thread.  When I double click to install, I get an error message that says something like “Failed to Install Microsoft Windows Media Format”.  I click okay and then it goes through install as expected.  I can add media, but the “Convert” button is always greyed out and my device never shows up as connected.  Please help.  This is a birthday present for my son this week and I want to load a bunch of stuff on it for him before he opens it.

Edit:  I should also mention that I never get a registration screen like they show on Sansa’s how to page.

Message Edited by stlb5 on 06-29-2008 07:04 PM

I need to purchase a new MP3 player.  Can someone tell me why the Fuze over the View (other than capacity)?  thanks.

The View would only be preferable if video is your primary concern.  The View has a bigger screen and better video support.  The View was pretty rough when it was first released and the FW has not been very stable.

The Fuze has only basic video support, however as a music player it’s superior to the View (and just about everything else on the market).  If your primary concern is music, the Fuze is definitely the way to go.

Not to mention it’s smaller and thinner than the view…

How do you put video podcasts on the fuze? I use miro and I can’t find a way to put them on the fuze

Save the podcast on your PC, then simply drag and drop the video to the Sansa Media Converter.  Once the podcast is imported, the Convert button will highlight.  Click that, and it will send the video to your Fuze!  Use SMC version 4.236.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue: 

Hey guys, quick question here. I just bought the Fuze, but the real issue here maybe the Sansa Media Converter. I’ve already successfully converted/loaded one movie into the fuze. But now when I try to load a second-diff. movie-the SMC only converts the file (which is in Avi format) but doesn’t load it onto the fuze. By the way, the first movie was in avi too, so I know the format isn’t the issue here. Anywaze, when converting, the top status bar shows 100% on converting, but the lower status bar only goes up to 49% and doesn’t continue. At first I just thought the process might take longer, but I left the program running for 4 more hours and nothing changed. I tried starting the process over on several occasions and still got the same result.

make sure you have the space on your Fuze. Althought you may of though it that already, but if you don’t have lots of space left, check, and make sure.

Mark(I am simple guy! simple answers)

Message Edited by markjones12345 on 09-18-2008 05:57 PM

Thanx for the reply Mark, however I definately have more than enough space (over 3 gb). It’s been about a week since I last tried so maybe I’ll re-analyze the situation and try a diff. approach.

Dimensions: 3.1 x 1.9 x 0.3 in. (HxWxD)

The screen is 1.9 inches. How can the width be that much?

i am trying to find out the specifications (input/output) on the additional AC Adapter.  it most likely will be found on the actual AC Adapter device.

thanks!

denniz, all screens are measured diagonally (corner to corner) and the fuze width (edge to edge) is 1.9"

i was stumped too, for a half second, when i saw your post.  then i remember how screens are measured.

Yea I just remembered that once I posted my reply but didn’t want to edit my reply as I was busy scratching my butt jk. I had more important things to do.

I have a fuze that stops charging after 1 minute connected- what’s up…