Sansa Fuze User Manual and General Information

@jon595 wrote:

I ask because I currently have an e280R.  I like the newer scroll wheels on the View and Fuze, but after reading about the View’s firmware, I don’t want it anymore.  I was hoping the Fuze would come out in 16GB initially.  Since it isn’t, I was debating just picking up an 8GB and putting in an 8GB card.  My only issue with that is on my e280R, everytime I turn it on, it has to update the DB if a card is inside.  It doesn’t have a ‘sleep’ ability either.  

Yeah, I’m actually starting to lose interest in using MicroSD cards for storing music, because of the amount of time required to read them.  Unfortunately my music library is now at 12GB, so if I want my entire library on my player, I’m “stuck” with my iPod Video … which is actually a really nice DAP but a bit on the large side for outdoor activities etc., plus it has that disk inside.

I’ve considered getting the View, but am put off by reports of firmware problems etc.  What I’d really like is the reliability and sound quality of the Clip (or Fuze?) in a 16 or 32 GB size :wink: but so sez a lot of people.

Well… if what sansafix said is true (and I sure hope it is)…

“The Fuze will refresh one time on card insertion.  If its not removed it will not refresh every power cycle.”

I’ll be in line to buy a Fuze when they come out.  Then I can get a 8GB card and be good to go… that is until the 16GB microSDHC card comes out… 

Buying in the UK?

Will distributors in the UK get to sell the fuze from april as well? Only seen US distributors/resellers doing pre-orders?

Will sansa’s own shop - $$$ sell & deliver to the UK?

Thanks

S

Sansa Store items only ship to Australia, Canada and New Zealand outside of US.  The Fuze should hit shelves at the major electronic retailers in EMEA mid to late April.

Go Sansa!

Any idea when the Users Guide will be posted online?

Manual:

select Support, then Software & User manuals

Select the Fuze, and the manual is on the right if i recall correctly 

Thank you!

We have been eagerly waiting for it. 

Updated.

hey, i have the view, and have been having alot of issues with it, im thinging about trading it in for a fuse, does the fuze have the same issues that i know others have also been having with the view, and also, what are the differences between the two? i noticed that it is also $20 cheaper

@sansafix wrote:
The Fuze will refresh one time on card insertion.  If its not removed it will not refresh every power cycle.

Can anyone confirm this?  I have a e250 with a 2GB card and it refreshes everytime I power cycle.  The time it takes to refresh the 2GB card is acceptable but not great, I can imagine that the time it would take to refresh a 8GB card would be inconvenient if it was done with every power cycle.  I am looking forward to getting an 8GB Fuze and if there is no repeated refresh that would be the icing on the cake.

@jjw wrote:

@sansafix wrote:
The Fuze will refresh one time on card insertion.  If its not removed it will not refresh every power cycle.

Can anyone confirm this?  I have a e250 with a 2GB card and it refreshes everytime I power cycle.  The time it takes to refresh the 2GB card is acceptable but not great, I can imagine that the time it would take to refresh a 8GB card would be inconvenient if it was done with every power cycle.  I am looking forward to getting an 8GB Fuze and if there is no repeated refresh that would be the icing on the cake.

Yes, it’s true, no refresh unless the content is changed. Also refresh on the Fuze is much faster than on the e200 (I have both). 

@chuckless951

for now, just use this link:

http://mp3support.sandisk.com/downloads/smc-4.236.exe

Message Edited by marqck on 06-02-2008 01:11 PM

We’re sorry, but there is no Sandisk.com Web page that matches your entry

http://www.sandisk.com/driverdownload/download.asp?driverId=184

What’s happend? Please Help me…

You just missed it!  Use the link listed just above your post, for the 4.236 build.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Access Denied

You don’t have permission to access “http://mp3support.sandisk.com/downloads/smc-4.236.exe” on this server.

Reference #18.9deef748.1213805153.1e04a5ce

Ay, caramba! Are you logged as Administrator / Exhalted Ruler / Chosen One in Vista? This link may be snafu. In a few minutes, I’ll post a working 4.236 link.  The link will bring you back to the top of this thread.

This link is a workaround, at least it is currently feeding me the SMC (just checked at 1544PST 6-18-08). Click on the Media Converter download link in the resulting page. A window will pop up for the SanDisk file, with Save File in greyout. Click twice on the greyed out button, and you’ll be in business.

Bob :dizzy_face:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 06-18-2008 03:46 PM

this link doesn’t work me, the answer is the same “Access Denied” Please Help me…

Im really confused and dont really know if im supposed to ask a question here … but i need help with putting videos on my sansa fuze.

I have downloaded everything but after that nothing happens!

I have a mac so is that the problem?? HELP PLEASE!!! 

@rockursox wrote:

Im really confused and dont really know if im supposed to ask a question here … but i need help with putting videos on my sansa fuze.

I have downloaded everything but after that nothing happens!

I have a mac so is that the problem?? HELP PLEASE!!! 

this is not the place to ask this question but i will answer it anyway. 

SMC (sansa media converter) is the only way to convert video for the fuze. SMC is not compatible with MAC so unless you have a PC you will not be able to put videos on your fuze. MAC = no video on fuze.

Yes, the Sansa Media Converter has to be running under Windows to work its magic.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue: