Sansa Fuze Original Software

My girlfriend tried to rockbox her fuze in the process she deleted all of the original sansa files on the player. She doens’t like rockbox and wants the original player back. Anyone have the files they can email me or have another solution?

Thanks,

EP

It’s pretty much impossible to delete the firmware files as you suggest, especially since Rockbox is a dual-boot system. That is, it sits alongside of the original firmwware so you can boot into either at will. It does not replace it.

That said, you can manually install the firmware by going here and following the directions.

I tried that and it doesn’t seem to work. When she deleted the files she went to the actual Sansa player under my computer and deleted everything. I think I need the original bootlader for the Fuze. Any ideas where I can get it?

Thanks!

Did you install the correct firmware version (v1 vs. v2)? The firmware files are not shown in My Computer (Windows Explorer) even if you have ‘hidden files’ set to show. They (the firmware & operating files) are hidden even deeper in a separate partition to where you cannot get to them and do what you suggest your girlfriend did.

I had the same problem. Try this…

Shut the device down by holding power. Then, press power to boot the Sansa. Immediately after doing this, hold down the |<< (left) button.

I have same problem with this case. . . After I format Sansa Fuze V2, hardware totally disfunction, like Computer hardware without operating system. Please Help… where i can download Sansa Operating System…? 

Thank you.

@bluesansa wrote:

I have same problem with this case. . . After I format Sansa Fuze V2, hardware totally disfunction, like Computer hardware without operating system. Please Help… where i can download Sansa Operating System…? 

1.  Please do not tag onto 3-year old threads. Start a new one instead.
  2.  Are you sure you are installing the correct firmware for your hardware version? Are you sure you have a v2? The firmware can be found in the Firmware thread. The firmware IS the “operating system” on these devices.
  3. If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to create a new message/thread with more details.

Thank you.

Go here, download the zip file you need.  See where it says all regions?  Click to download that zip file.  If you ahve V1, get the V1 version, if you have the V2 get the V2 version obviously.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Fuze/Sansa-Fuze-Firmware-Update-01-02-31-amp-02-03-33/td-p/139175

So now you have the zip file downloaded.  Extract it so you have the 2 files ready to transfer.

Now connect your fuze to your computer.  You should still be able to open it.  If you dont care for your music at this point delete all the folders and files inside it.  Now take the 2 files (clpp_data, and fuzpa) and transfer them over to your fuze hard disk.

Unplug the player after the transfer is done.  At this point turn off the fuze player by holding the power button in the up position for 20 some seconds.  Now hold LEFT on the wheel and power on the player.  It should start loading the original firmware.