Sansa Fuze Has White Screen

Hey,

My sansa fuze has a white screen and is not responding.  I tried to install the latest firmware to see if it would start running again; but,

I can’t put it in the right mode to install the new firmware, since the screen is completely white.

We’ve been hearing quite a few people having this issue, and unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be any user-initiated fixes.

Try resetting the unit by sliding the spring-loaded power switch up and hold it there for a good 20-30 seconds. Release and see if it will then start up normally.

If not, return it to where you bought it or contact SanDisk directly for a replacement under their 1-year warranty.

I have a question, if your Fuze is a Revision 1, and you send it in for a replacement, is the replacement a Revision 2?

I wonder what’s causing the white screen problem on the Fuze, bad firmware updates, or hardware issues…

Message Edited by pringles on 05-30-2009 09:56 AM

@pringles wrote:

I have a question, if your Fuze is a Revision 1, and you send it in for a replacement, is the replacement a Revision 2?

I wonder what’s causing the white screen problem on the Fuze, bad firmware updates, or hardware issues…

Message Edited by pringles on 05-30-2009 09:56 AM

One would certainly assume that, but there would be only one way to find out. And that would come when you open the box and turn the replacement unit on.

And a lot of people are wondering that same thing (white screen problem). Probably even SanDisk themselves! :dizzy_face:

I get the white screen too, and dont know if this helps or could be a cause, But I noticed If I have the fuze plugged into the pc while the pc is on, (so the fuze is charging and showing the drives on my pc) then I shut down the pc while it is still showing the connected screen on fuze, after a few seconds of the pc being shut down the fuze screen turns white. as a side note, my usb ports are always powered even when pc is off.

so you would think the fuze would just switch from the connected screen to the main menu and continue charging. this doesnt happen. the screen turns white and if I dont notice it, it drains the battery so it is not charging.

The difference with my issue is that if I disconnect the cable and push a button on the fuze it comes out of it and works normally…well, except for the dying or dead battery. Once in a great while just pushing a button doesnt do it. I then have to hold the power on/up for 15 to 20 seconds or so then let go and push it up again it turns on back to normal.

I get the white screen too, and dont know if this helps or could be a cause, But I noticed If I have the fuze plugged into the pc while the pc is on, (so the fuze is charging and showing the drives on my pc) then I shut down the pc while it is still showing the connected screen on fuze, after a few seconds of the pc being shut down the fuze screen turns white. as a side note, my usb ports are always powered even when pc is off.

so you would think the fuze would just switch from the connected screen to the main menu and continue charging. this doesnt happen. the screen turns white and if I dont notice it, it drains the battery so it is not charging.

The difference with my issue is that if I disconnect the cable and push a button on the fuze it comes out of it and works normally…well, except for the dying or dead battery. Once in a great while just pushing a button doesnt do it. I then have to hold the power on/up for 15 to 20 seconds or so then let go and push it up again it turns on back to normal.

This happened to me also.I got a wall charger and I use that for charging now.I haven’t had a white screen since.

If you leave the player attached to your PC overnight and your PC runs through the windows updater then reboots itself, or if you restart the PC, the player will freeze with the white screen. Not sure why, but I discovered this info this morning after plugging the player in to charge overnight.

It didn’t seem to want to reset, so I’m hoping the battery will drain and it will reset itself when I plug it back in. That remains to be seen since I’m at work and I left my player at home.

I know I sometimes get a white screen if I have my 8gb fuze plugged in for a long time and then unplug it. I just reset it and it’s working fine.

This problem is caused by not safely removing the sansa fuze from the pc. If you remove the USB end first, this might happen, but you are meant to remove the Sansa Fuze end first to ensure this doesn’t happen.

Turing it off and holding the off button for a while got mine to work, but im not sure if this’ll work for everyone.

Hope this helps.:smiley: