Re: Sansa Fuze Firmware Update

Whilst I appreciate the device is still receiving firmware updates which is always welcome, I can't help but feel underwhelmed with this update. I was really hoping for gapless, I guess it's time to look into Rockbox then...

A really horrible firmware update that seems to affect version 2 owners.

After replay gain problems, the device just froze at the welcome logo screen. Would not connect to the PC and was not responsive at all. Smiley Mad

Forced a MSC connection to PC and downgraded the firmware to 02.02.26. All problems magically went away and I got my beloved Fuze back. Smiley Very Happy

Will leave a good thing alone.

arg

I can confirm Replay Gain issues on my V2 with the new firmware.

After the upgrade, going to Settings -> Music Options -> Replay Gain caused a white screen lock.. I've never had one before under any condition. Upon further investigation, I found that I could access the menu while playing music, but the Pre-Gain was blank and only contained a visible value for 0.0 dB.. the other 7 values show up blank.

I have Replay Gain information added to most of my music, and it seems like Replay Gain is constantly active regardless of the setting. I haven't ABX'd it yet (I'm definitely aware of the placebo effect), but I have played albums mastered loud vs. dynamic, and there appears to be no volume discrepancy between them with this firmware.

I can confirm the replay gain bug as well with v2 (when the mode/pre-gain setting is selected, the devices freezes; I didn't get a white screen, though, the sanza just froze).  Good to hear the replay gain bug involving gain values with a "+" was fixed (I use winamp to calculate replay gain values), though I didn't test when I was testing 02.02.28A.  I reverted to 02.02.26A for now.  Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

After updating my firmware to 01.01.28F, the radio reception  seems much better. Was there a fix done on the radio?
SanDisk Fanatic

I have a v2 fuze, and I can change ReplayGain mode without issues, but I can't set pregain values (I can only choose between "" [nothing] and 0.00 dB)

I haven' had any player's lock-up or freeze like with previous firmware. This bugfix update was really needed.

Tired of Sansa Media Converter? You want to put videos on your fuze but you can't use SMC? Then, check video4fuze

4Gb black fuze v2.02.26 + 8 Gb class 6 µSD
SanDisk User

So if turn off the replay gain, it will be fine?, sandisk should fix it, if it do that problems?
arg

arg wrote:

I have Replay Gain information added to most of my music, and it seems like Replay Gain is constantly active regardless of the setting. I haven't ABX'd it yet (I'm definitely aware of the placebo effect), but I have played albums mastered loud vs. dynamic, and there appears to be no volume discrepancy between them with this firmware.

I haven't been able to enter the Replay Gain screen again since I reset to factory defaults; My V2 just white screens.

SanDisk User

Btw, why that update still not in the KB? maybe because of that bug?
SanDisk Guru

"slotRadio experience is enhanced"

Does it allow rating Slotradio songs, adding them to the go list, and all other abilities to navigate them in the order I want and only play the songs on the Slotradio card that I want to hear? If so, then I might be interested in buying a Slotradio card. If I still have no control over which songs are played and in what order they are played, then I will continue to avoid Slotradio cards.