Re: Sansa Fuze Firmware Update

mwestport wrote:

Very annoying the this slot radio has been pushed onto my machine with out my having the option to refuse.   I have no interest in this gimmick and want it off my menu.  Sansa;  I will never buy another one.

Agree totally.

SanDisk Senior User

Benboy, I initially thought it was a long awaited link to an option to chose between folder and tagrelated browsing.. Smiley Happy Wishful thinking.. Smiley Sad

I managed to get rid of this unexpected "offer" by setting my radio to the "world" option ( I think ) After the Fuze restarted the flag of the Paris Commune disappeared.

Etoja wrote:

Alexz - has this distortion appeared AFTER you upgraded firmware or it exists on the previous firmware version as well? 

Yep, confirmed, it also exists in previous version.

I think this will not be fixed anyway...  Sansa's coders either cooking something big for us and we shall see a new fuze or something soon…  or most of them left the building... otherwise how do we explain updates such as adding SR icon to the fuze or no updates for View or Clip for a such loooong time?

P.S. Changing language to english changes UI strings only. My russian mp3s are readable as long as they 80 char or less. You could use mp3tag if names are important to you.   

I can confirm that if you set your region to Europe and not America the ugly slotradio advert disappears.
SanDisk Guru

liam wrote:
I can confirm that if you set your region to Europe and not America the ugly slotradio advert disappears.

Okay, but does the radio still work afterwards? I believe Europe uses different intervals for assigning frequencies. (US is 88.9, 89.1, 89.3, 89.5, etc., Europe is something else).

gwk1967 wrote:

Okay, but does the radio still work afterwards? I believe Europe uses different intervals for assigning frequencies. (US is 88.9, 89.1, 89.3, 89.5, etc., Europe is something else).

Yes. The Euro system is 88.05, 88.10, 88.15 and so on. So to use it in NA, just use 91.5 = 91.50, etc.

SanDisk Senior User

Gwk1967 - you are right,  I believe if you are in the US you have to stay with US option in the radio, otherwise the frequencies would change to the European scale.

Therefore you are doomed to watch this new "advertising" thingy.

SanDisk Guru

Sheesh!  It's only an additional capability in the menu, just as the Rhapsody Channels icon / feature is.  Unlike the Channels icon, which would display [empty] if selected without loaded music playlists, pressing the center button yields a flag telling you where to get the µSD SR cards.  Hardly an "advert" in my estimation.

Weren't you rolling that wheel looking for music?

Bob  Smiley Tongue

SanDisk Guru

Seems like they didn't include a fix for the voice recording "ghost files" that are left when recordings are deleted using the computer.  There's a work around, but I'm disappointed they didn't fix it in this update.  Using the fuze to delete those files can be very inconvenient when there are muliple recordings.

Music playback stutters when scrolling through long artist/album/song lists. Didn't happen with previous firmware.