SanDisk Guru

Re: Sansa Fuze Firmware Update

Food for thought?  The forums are far from being ignored, I can assure you.  Simply have a look at all of the new features in the current Fuze firmware, compared against its original release.

The OGG and FLAC capabilities were added, podcast and audiobook enhancements, SlotRadio, plus functionality improvements like progressive song list speed and wrap-around list scrolling.  Oh, and even the add-album function in the GoList comes to mind.

All of these were discussed right here before being added to the Sansa, and that's just the Fuze I am thinking about.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.02.28 and 02.02.28 how to install to my sansa because this new version i dont like how to tur back the old verzion

SanDisk Guru

haris wrote:

Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.02.28 and 02.02.28 how to install to my sansa because this new version i dont like how to tur back the old verzion

Are you kidding me? Smiley Surprised

So near and yet so far! See the 1st post in this thread.

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I want to reinstall 02.03.33 on my Fuze.

My Fuze locks up and will not recognize my slotradio card now. Is there a link to download the firmware I need?

Thanks

SanDisk Guru

Go to the first post in this thread. Find the All Regions link for the 2.x firmware. Right-click on it and Copy LInk or whatever your browser does. You'll see the firmware number in the link. CHANGE THAT NUMBER to the version you want. Click and download.

That will be a .zip file. Follow the instructions for manual installation, also in the first post in this thread.

Thanks,

I reinstalled the firmware and the player still freezes with the slot radio card. So now I can assume that the card is defective and should be returned to the store?

Thanks for your help.

Dennis

SanDisk Guru

Sounds like something is defective. Have you tried a regular microSD card in that slot?

I think you are right I spoke too soon. I tried another SD card in the Fuze and it froze up as well. Luckily I was dumb enough to purchase an extended warranty from radioshack. I'm going to try to return the device this week.

Dennis

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

I know this makes no logical sense, but take out any microSD, make sure all of your own content is backed up somewhere, and run Settings/System Settings/Format. 

Two or three times in the last 2 1/2 years, I had the microSD slot crash my Fuze, and formatting fixed it.

You'll have to reload whatever content you had on the internal memory, but I don't think it has anything to do with the content itself. Just some weird deep bug somewhere.