Sansa Fuze Firmware Update

Country code. 

If you have a “A”, it’s America. F is france, iirc. Mine is T for Test - has an extra diagnostic menu which includes a really freaky microphone test function :slight_smile:

D.

Had I known they were going to add the Slot Radio icon on my Fuze, I never would have done the latest firmware upgrade…I already paid for my device, I don’t need Sansa advertising, there should be an option to remove it. What download service will be force fed to me next…just sayin’

Message Edited by ScottLive5 on 10-13-2009 11:48 AM

I can’t believe all the whining over an icon in the menu that you don’t have to access…get over yourselves, people. Would you like some

with that? Then you would have

Next update due when?

Gapless perhaps?

Message Edited by roj on 10-13-2009 01:58 PM

@dunny wrote:

Country code. 

If you have a “A”, it’s America. F is france, iirc. Mine is T for Test - has an extra diagnostic menu which includes a really freaky microphone test function :slight_smile:

D.

How did you get that? I want too! xD Perhaps changing the “Region” string in the file version.sdk? I’ve to try it :slight_smile:

BTW, my fuze reports F, but version.sdk says “Americas” and internally it’s set to Europe/Spanish. Maybe the “F” means Europe?

Message Edited by ssorgatem on 10-13-2009 02:15 PM

@dunny wrote:

Country code. 

D.

You’re half-right. “A” does stand for America, but “F” indicates European with FM radio. An “E” represents European without FM.

@ffa01 wrote:
Music playback stutters when scrolling through long artist/album/song lists. Didn’t happen with previous firmware.

It did for me on .26.  I don’t think it did on the release before that.

@slotmonsta wrote:

Bugs Fixed:   

·         Rating info is lost following database refresh on songs loaded in microSD

I never used the microSD on the previous version, but what was this bug? Were all ratings lost before? I’m losing ratings on songs on the SD card on database refresh with V01.02.28P (What’s the ‘P’, anyway?)

I’ve tried

• Synching with MediaMonkey in MTP mode (my preferred mode, since it synchs ratings correctly both ways)

• Synching with MediaMonkey in MSC mode

• Windows Explorer file copy in MSC mode

In no circumstance does the rating visible in MediaMonkey and Vista Home Premium show on the SD card songs.  When I rate a song on the SD card, and then add files by any method, the rating is gone after database refresh.

Maybe some one can post more info about the regions? it depends on what region you chose in the fuze? And btw here a response from sansa support about the replay gain bug; Fuze firmware update 02.02.28 bug. Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response. If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days. Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you. Subject Fuze firmware update 02.02.28 bug. Discussion Thread (Cezar Ciubancan) 10/14/2009 04:39 AM Dear Denis, Thanks for emailing SanDisk Technical Support. It is our goal to make sure you have all the resources you need to get the most from your product. We have tested many times the firmware on different players and opperating systems and there was no issue encountered. Please explain us what exactly is the issue. Also if you can attach 2 pictures of the player so we can see the problem. Please refer to your http:// SanDisk Global Customer Support (Hebrew) home anytime to see additional resources from Sandisk. Also, you can visit http:// Support | Western Digital, our online So some one with v2 fuze have to contact them with images.

@namiswan wrote:
Maybe some one can post more info about the regions? it depends on what region you chose in the fuze?

I have tested Replay Gain on my V2 in combination with each region with absolutely no success.

I did try to take pictures, but the camera on my phone will not focus on the fuze screen.

Message Edited by arg on 10-14-2009 03:22 PM

Sorry if I repeat the news from a separate topic - some people (including me) report sound distortion and lower volume level in the new firmware.  I reverted to the previous version and all those problems disappeared. (fuze v2) Unfortunately the enhanced undocumented sensitivity of the radio in the new firmware also gone.

Too much problems i see? So you have to contact them and report it, about the replay gain, you can take shot of sansa updater to show you have v2 fw, and also shot of what happen to the fuze when mess with replay gain. And as i can see all that problems only with v2 ?

@ namiSWAN, one would have thought the developers are able to read this forum - after all it is set up by SanDisk, that is by the Company itself.

To contact them, it is too much hassle. Besides the SanDisk customer service speak poor English and there is no guarantee that your efforts would be taken care off. My guess is that SanDisk sacked the old developers team due the the economic crisis hence this kind of firmware. It is just a guess.

Personally I’ve just reverted to the previous  firmware which sorted it out.

And. yes, you are right it is so far V2. Would be interesting to hear from the proud owners of v1. (those are lucky sods, they can move to the RockBox…)

@etoja wrote:
some people (including me) report sound distortion and lower volume level in the new firmware.

Improper Replay Gain processing can certainly be the culprit of both symptoms.

@namiswan wrote:
you can take shot of sansa updater to show you have v2 fw

I update my Sansa players manually.

I’ve had no serious issues (yet) with my V2 4Gb Fuze with 02.02.28F

The only issue i’ve encountered so far is that I can’t set a pregain value for replaygain different from 0. 

I haven’t noticed any radio enhancement, nor sound quality problems.

Mmm that’s weird, some people having serious issues and some others whithout them. But all the issues seem to happen in V2 fuzes.

@ssorgatem wrote:

The only issue i’ve encountered so far is that I can’t set a pregain value for replaygain different from 0. 

After factory reset, entering the Replay Gain option screen has been hit or miss. Sometimes entering the Replay Gain option page causes a white screen, other times it will show a Pre-Gain of 0.0 dB with the rest of the values being blank.

I have noticed that if I manage to enter the Replay Gain option page (which appears to be entirely based on luck) and save the values, I can re-enter and scroll through the Pre-Gain values without a problem. If I manage to enter the Replay Gain option page after factory reset and scroll through the Pre-Gain values without saving them first, it will white screen as soon as I scroll to one of the blank values.

Message Edited by arg on 10-14-2009 05:43 PM

@arg wrote:

@etoja wrote:
some people (including me) report sound distortion and lower volume level in the new firmware.

Improper Replay Gain processing can certainly be the culprit of both symptoms_______________

Nope. I never use Replay Gain.

Message Edited by Etoja on 10-14-2009 03:11 PM

As far as I know, there are absolutely no problems with the v1 firmware. I have tried to get it to go white with replay gain, and have not seen any issues with sound. I don’t even get how replay gain works anyway, so it wouldn’t even matter anyway.

I does look like the problems might be related only to v2. There are two different processors from ARM for version 1 and 2,  and it affects the firmwire. There might be also some hidden flaws in the v2 - I’m suprised why they refused to release its specification sheet to the RockBox developers.

the firmware ■■■■■ nothing to help the fuze users.