SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.31 & 02.03.31

Yes I liked the v.26 also!  I would drop back to that version if you are having issues and see if your issues go away.. I too didn't use my unit for video..  My sister had a 8 GB Fuze that came with V .11 and she used it for tons of video and it worked great with that version..  V .22 to me just didn't have the same sound quality it didn't have the wow factor...  So that's the only version I would stay away from.. But then again it could be just me.. I have all V1 units!  George
*His* 8GB Silver Fuze v01.02.31A also 8GB MicroSDHC card installed *Hers* 4GB red Fuze with 16GB micro SDHC card! Firmware v01.02.31A still installed. Acquired another 8GB Fuze also with firmware v01.02.31A now..

Hi,

In the future, could you please link to previous 'firmware update' threads in the first post?  Doing so would make it much quicker for a person to see the change log accross multiple versions.

Thank you.

Gregory

SanDisk User

A modest proposal on database refresh:

Create a Settings > System Settings > Database submenu, with the options:

• Database Refresh, with values Auto/Manual (default auto, of course)
  • Refresh Now

If it's possible, there would be +5 cool points to the developers if we could choose to refresh just internal memory or just external if microSD card is inserted.

--
She is looking at you ; So maybe you're looking too
Do you want to be her or don't you? ; Of course you do
But would she be you? /* Ladytron - Jet Age */
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

Even better, the ability to disable refreshing of the microSD card at any time, not just when it's inserted.

That way, if I decide to change the tag "Motley Crue" to "Mötley Crüe" on a song in internal memory, I can avoid the immensely long wait while the Fuze, for God knows what reason, decides to read the entire microSD card as well.

Smiley Wink

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 03-03-2010 09:10 AM
SanDisk Fanatic

[ Edited ]

saxmaster765,

Have you tried downgrading you firmware back to v01.02.26 and see it that fixes your issues.. If it was me I would  use the format command in the Fuze's menu then reload your music. Maybe the Fat table got messed up.. I had this issue with a TomTom GPS that was driving me nuts..  George

Marvin_Martian wrote:

saxmaster765 wrote:
Strange.  I've had to reset it about 5 or 6 times, which is about 5 or six times more than I've ever had to do (not including the stupid video glitch of the .26 firmware).

I always thought the .26 firmware was rock solid.....of course, I never wasted my time watching video on the Fuze's itty-bitty 1.9" screen either. Then again, I have 2 players with 2.4" screens and I don't watch video on them either.Smiley Wink

Message Edited by George-W on 03-03-2010 11:39 AM
*His* 8GB Silver Fuze v01.02.31A also 8GB MicroSDHC card installed *Hers* 4GB red Fuze with 16GB micro SDHC card! Firmware v01.02.31A still installed. Acquired another 8GB Fuze also with firmware v01.02.31A now..
SanDisk Fanatic

I just had a pretty good idea.  I also doubt it's logical.  

Would it be possible to have a converter to videos in the player itself?  That would save so much time! 

The Saxmaster

"To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity."-Douglas Adams

SanDisk Fanatic

George-W wrote:

saxmaster765,

Have you tried downgrading you firmware back to v01.02.26 and see it that fixes your issues?

I was having issues with the .26 and I would not go back to it.  I thought the .26 firmware was the one with the weird video glitch where you turned it off with the video running, and when you turned it on, the video came up in the music screen and the icons in the home menu disappeared.  Whatever that firmware was.

Also, I have not had any problems lately with the latest firmware. 

The Saxmaster

"To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity."-Douglas Adams

SanDisk Guru

saxmaster765 wrote:

Would it be possible to have a converter to videos in the player itself?  That would save so much time! 

I think that having the ability to convert a particular format of video requires the ability to interpret that particular format of video.  If the Fuze could do the latter, it could display that format, and there wouldn't be a need for conversion.

Portable players are limited in the number of formats they can support due to the sheer amount of memory space required to store the code needed to interpret each format.

SanDisk Fanatic

PromisedPlanet wrote:

saxmaster765 wrote:

I think that having the ability to convert a particular format of video requires the ability to interpret that particular format of video.  If the Fuze could do the latter, it could display that format, and there wouldn't be a need for conversion.

Portable players are limited in the number of formats they can support due to the sheer amount of memory space required to store the code needed to interpret each format.

Mmm well, no, the actual limiting factors are RAM and CPU power, not storage...

Q: Why not to support more formats?

A: Beause Sandisk puts very limited resources on fuze's firmware development.

Look at rockbox, and the bunch of formats it supports

Tired of Sansa Media Converter? You want to put videos on your fuze but you can't use SMC? Then, check video4fuze

4Gb black fuze v2.02.26 + 8 Gb class 6 µSD

Aargh!  I only now discover that after updating from .26 to .31 I can't skip to a next or previous track any more.  The buttons do work, in the menus, but when I play my audio, they simply don't function. Smiley Sad  Please help!