SanDisk Guru

Re: Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.31 & 02.03.33

RobertRussell wrote:

In Device amnagfe it does show as a usb drive with a yello exclamation point. Following the inwstructions about this yeilded no results.

What shall I do?

Thanks

I assume (even though I really shouldn't) that you right-clicked on this and un-installed it (not disable). Re-boot your computer and plug the player in again.

I haven't used my Fuze 8 GB V1 for several years. RockBox was touting greatly improved functionality, so I thought I would give it a try. Big mistake...it's still a piece of garbage. Now I'm not able to restore my Fuze OS.  I had originally installed 01.02.31 shortly after it's initial release.

I have meticiously followed the instructions in this sticky without problems up to the point of unplugging the Fuze to allow the firmware update..

Immediately before unplugging, the screen displayed " Bootloader USB Mode". After unplugging, "File not found" displayed immediately, then "plug USB cable" displayed, no further changes occurred.

Prior to updating the firmware, I used the RB utility to completely remove RB. The utility confirmed that no traces (RB files) remained on the Fuze.

I have tried a variety of workarounds to reinstall the Fuze OS, without success.  Any suggestions?

Thank you,

max

SanDisk Guru

Although you removed the Rockbox firmware, the bootloader still resides there, trying to boot into Rockbox upon startup. To get rid of this, you have to boot into the Sansa mode by holding the REW button while powering up. (I believe this is the procedure; it's been a long time since I used Rockbox).Then you can re-install the Sansa Firmware, which will wipe out the Rockbox bootloader.

[ Edited ]

Tapeworm,

Thank you so much. Worked like a charm!

I have a feeling that I will be sending you good vibes for a long time, as I enjoy my Fuze Smiley Happy

max

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Good . . . I can use some! Smiley Very Happy

Glad it worked for you!