Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

Re: Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.31 & 02.03.31

kevcal wrote:

Do a 'Factory Reset' and then set your region to 'Rest of the World' and then you'll get the 'Max Volume' option available again.

Search through some threads and you'll find this question keeps coming up.

Even this one . . . page 1, message #9.

piebandit

I had the issue many people seem to have had with OGG files freezing during DB refresh.   This firmware seems to have fixed this.  Hooray!
SanDisk User
AzureSky

ogg never caused me problems with db refresh, and its pretty much all I use(main reason i got the fuze was because of ogg support)
Raimu

My "Goodbye" has also vanished, although it vanished after my first firmware update last year. I thought it was intentional. :smileysurprised:
FZbar

If you select North America, your goodbye message will return.  I had the same problem.

Fred

david_pierre

With the Software 01.02.31, my fuze was so quiet, even mit max. volume, that it was not possible to enjoy any podcast. Thanks for your tip to change the factory defaults and select "Rest of the World"! It works! I will never update my fuze anymore!
SanDisk User
Takla

PromisedPlanet wrote:

Takla wrote:

On the subject of database refresh times:

The file counts you have on your Fuze are very comparable to mine.  How long does your database refresh take?

It's about 4 minutes.  I believe the reason it is quicker than before is because there used to be an issue with the Fuze hanging with some vorbis comments (ogg vorbis tags) and that seems to be fixed.  I'm guessing the issue was with embedded images because there are two ways of doing it and it's a problem for whoever supplies the software to play the files...do they use the official method which as far as I can tell no tagging tool uses, or the disapproved of unofficial method which everyone seems to use but can cause problems?  Anyway, finally it all works, vorbis tags, mp3 tags, images, replay gain....no freezing or hanging.  Now how about gapless ha ha ha

SanDisk Guru
neutron_bob

david-

Regarding firmware updates, SanDisk maintains all previous versions of the firmware here on the Forums. You can install any version that has been released, so updating isn't necessarily a one way street.  Generally, I recommend the latest build, as the device should run best with the latest and greatest.

Should issues pop up, the answers are here!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: 

Ron55

Just wondering.....I received the alert to install the latest update and everything seemed to go OK until the very end when a box briefly popped up that said something about "not enough memory"or something to that effect.It went away so fats I couldn't read it.At any rate the updater still says the newest update is available so I know it did not install. Any ideas on what this is and how I can get around it? I installed the file from the manual instructions but when I click "run"the updater box opens and all it does is "searching for updates" and it will do this forever!

Ron

SanDisk Guru
neutron_bob

The latest (build 31) is definitely the one to run.  If your Fuze is stuffed like a lunch sack, as mine often is, since I carry transient files (music from Rhapsody Channels and podcasts), there's a simple trick.

Temporarily transfer 100MB of music from your Fuze to the desktop, then install the firmware.  You can then reload your music if desired.

Follow the manual installation instructions.  If you don't have the latest version, you can alternately use the Sansa Updater, as it's designed only to update with a version higher than that on the device.  It isn't designed to do a reinstallation, or repair of an aborted attempt.

One caveat: if there wasn't enough memory available for the swap, and the bin file is still there in the root directory, it may install successfully once there's enough memory available upon disconnect.  Otherwise, delete the file and try again.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: